Views
Helpful
Replies

cucm 8.6 to 9.0 Upgrade

ciscovoiceguy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I want to upgrade existing CUCM 8.6 to CUCM 9.0,i check for Upgrade file on Cisco.com but did not found there so can any one provide me the exact link

Thanks

6 Replies 6

Hi

Check that one

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/upgrade/9_0_1/CUCM_BK_U8D523AB_00_upgrade-guide-cucm-90_chapter_010.html

Please rate all useful posts Regards Chrysostomos ""The Most Successful People Are Those Who Are Good At Plan B""

Hi Anand,

I went thrugh the release guide for UC 9.0 in that it does not mention clearly about which UPGRADE file should be used however  you mean to say that the first link which points to COP.SGN file is the exact same file to be used for upgrade form 8.6 to 9.0

Thanks

Hi,

No, this COP file (ciscocm.refresh_upgrade_v1.0.cop.sgn) is defferent than the upgrade file.

Installing the COP File

Caution

For both restricted and unrestricted upgrades from an 8.5(x) or             earlier release to a 9.0 release, this patch (COP file) must be applied             prior to initiating the upgrade. Before you upgrade from compatible versions of             Unified CM, install the COP file named ciscocm.refresh_upgrade_v1.0.cop.sgn             that you can find under           Cisco Unified Communications Manager Version                     9.0 > Unified Communications Manager / CallManager / Cisco                     Unity Connection                     Utilities > COP-Files.

Software

Service Updates (SUs), contain fixes that were unavailable at           the time of the original release. They often include security fixes, firmware           updates, or software fixes that could improve operation.

To check for software upgrades, Service Updates, critical           patches, from www.Cisco.com:

• Select                  Support > Download                       Software.
  • Navigate to the "Voice and Unified Communications" section and                 select                  IP Telephony > Call                       Control > Cisco Unified Communications Manager                       (CallManager) > the appropriate version of Cisco                           Communications Manager for your deployment.

Ordering the Upgrade Media

To upgrade to Unified CM Release 8.6(2a) from a release prior to 8.0(1), use the Product Upgrade Tool (PUT) to obtain a media kit and license or purchase the upgrade from Cisco Sales.

To use the PUT, you must  enter your Cisco contract number (Smartnet, SASU or ESW) and request the  DVD/DVD set. If you do not have a contract for Unified CM, you must purchase the upgrade from Cisco Sales.

For more information about supported Unified CM upgrades, see the Cisco Unified Communications Manager Software Compatibility Matrix at the following URL:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/compat/ccmcompmatr.htmlhttp://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/compat/ccmcompmatr.html

See the "Software Upgrades" chapter of the Upgrade Guide for Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Release 9.0(1).

Hope this helps.

Anand

Please rate helpful posts !!

Hi Anand,

Thank you for your quick reply,so in order to get Upgrade file i need to contact with cisco Cisco Sales guy

Thanks

HI,

Yes, thats right.

Please don't forget to rate the helpful posts.

Thanks,

Anand