Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 8.6 to Lync Trunk - secondo Lync server

I've an integration CUCM--Lync with one single trunk.

I'm trying to configure a second trunk to a second lync server.

I've tried this settings adding a second "destination address" in the sip information of the trunk configuration, but I'd like to use the route group circular.

I've tried to add a RG, but from the gteway selection form I can only see "Gateways" and not "Trunk".

Aldo, trying from the route pattern, I can only select RGs or a single sip trunk.

How ca I achieve this result?

Thanks

Daniele

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
The reason you are not seeing it is beacause you have added the ip address to the existing trunk. If you want to have a separate trunk, then create a new sip trunk and add the trunk to the route group, then select the circular algorithm on the route group
Please rate all useful posts

View solution in original post

Use SIP OPTION ping mechanism to check the status of SIP trunk. Configuration is available under SIP Profile.

- Vivek

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

lorenz84gDD
Level 1
Level 1

you should create a new sip trunk pointing to the second lynch

then create a new route group with this trunk

then add the RG to the existing RL.

hth

lorenz

--please rate helpfull posts

------- have a look to my blog lgrconsulting.com

thanks Lorenz

but the problem is that in the RG I cannot select a sip trunk...

I've selected the first one directly from the route pattern, but I can select only one trunk from there...

You must have assigned SIP trunk directly to route pattern. In that case, trunk/gateway won't be displayed under route group.

You need to go to respective route patter, assign different route list for a time bieng. Doing so, desired trunk will be available under route group. 

- Vivek

probably you have assigned the second trunk to somethinkg else like a RP.

So first delete the RP, then assign the trunk to the RG, then build a  new RP.

--please rate helpfull posts

------- have a look to my blog lgrconsulting.com

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
The reason you are not seeing it is beacause you have added the ip address to the existing trunk. If you want to have a separate trunk, then create a new sip trunk and add the trunk to the route group, then select the circular algorithm on the route group

thanks Ayodeji

but the problem is that in the RG I cannot select a sip trunk... (and it's the reason for which I've added the second ip in the trunk config)

I've selected the first one directly from the route pattern, but I can select only one trunk from there...

You definitely can add it..

Go to Route group>

Find Devices to Add to Route Group

Search for the new trunk you create..Then select add to Route group

NB: YOu will need to remove the previous sip trunk from the route pattern, if you want to add it to the same route group. This is because you cant add a trunk to a route group that is directly referenced by a route pattern

I've found the "solution": I couldn't see the SIP trunk in the RG baceause I had used it as a direct gw in the route pattern.

Now I have two sip trunk to Lync, configured in the RG in Circular mode; the problem is that when one of the two Lync SIP trunk is down, every two calls one fails (the one directed to the SIP Trunk that we have placed in a down status).

How can we instruct CUCM to use the other trunk if the first tried fails?

Thanks

Daniele

Use SIP OPTION ping mechanism to check the status of SIP trunk. Configuration is available under SIP Profile.

- Vivek

Go to CUCM Service Parameter and set the ff parameters

Stop routing on unallocated-number --false
    Stop routing on user-busy--false