Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM (8.8.1) Call forwarding- how to send to original Voice Mail

CUCM 8.8.1

Due to sharing a SIP phone number (Avtec Radio console) with Cisco 7942- I need to setup a 'rollover' number so the Avtec can answer a second call (it cannot do so without a second DN).

I'll give an example.

Primary number:        3115 (calls to busy- 1)

'Rollover' number:     4005 

This works fine, and if a call is on 3115 it allows the disptacher to answer another call.

BUT if it is NOT answered, I want it to go the the Voice Mail of 3115 (NOT 4005).

Now, if 3115 rings and someone is on that line- then it goes right to 4005. If nobody can answer 4005 it tried to go the the Voice Mail of 4005 (it doesn't have VM).

I was thinking this is possible, but can't find the method.

Can anyone help me out?

thanks

Mark

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Mark,

A couple of other notes to add to the great tips from my friend Chris (+5 "C")

For CUE;

**Mailbox selection (OCN or LRD) in your case use OCN

This configurable option specifies the mailbox to be used in case of call forward.

Mailbox   selection: Mailbox in which an incoming voice message is stored. The   options are original called number (OCN) or the last redirected number   (LRD). LRD is the default option:)

Check out Page 88 of this "old" doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel2_3/cliadmin/cuecli23.pdf

Or,

It  is possible to have up to two numbers in the same Cisco Unity   Express  (CUE) User profile. Configure the first number as the Cisco   Unity  Express User Primary Extension, and the other number as the   Primary  E.164 number.

Or back to the great reference from Chris;

If you look in CUCM Admin there is an area called Voicemail Profile.  This area allows you to configure a Profile that points to a specific  DN/Voicemail Box. When you apply this Profile to DN's any call that  forwards to the Voicemail System from these DN's will be directed to the  specified Voicemail.

For  example: you want all calls that forward to 4005 to go to  the mailbox on DN 3115.

You  would create a Profile in CUCM called "3115 rollover" which points to 3115 via the Voicemail box mask of 3115. Apply this profile to 4005 and when calls route  through this number to voicemail they will recieve the 3115  Greeting etc.

Device>Phone>Directory Number Configuration>Directory Number Settings>Voice Mail Profile

This profile can be applied to as many phones as needed

Hope this makes sense!

Cheers!

Rob

"Why do the best things always disappear " 

- The Band

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is 4005 a valid separate voicemail?
If not simply add it as an alternate extension to your desired mailbox.

Chris

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Right now 4005 does not have a VM setup at all.

I don't see anyplace to add an alternate extension in the mailbox...

We have 7.1 CUE.

Where would I add the alternate extension?

thanks!

Mark

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not sure if there is a way in CUE to add secondary extension, if not then build a separate voicemail profile in CUCM that masks the extension to the 3115extension and apply it to the 4005 DN.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

I added a user profile for the 4005 in CUCM, then imported it into CUE.

then gave it th e3115 number.

I'll see in the morning if it works.

thanks

Mark

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Mark,

A couple of other notes to add to the great tips from my friend Chris (+5 "C")

For CUE;

**Mailbox selection (OCN or LRD) in your case use OCN

This configurable option specifies the mailbox to be used in case of call forward.

Mailbox   selection: Mailbox in which an incoming voice message is stored. The   options are original called number (OCN) or the last redirected number   (LRD). LRD is the default option:)

Check out Page 88 of this "old" doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel2_3/cliadmin/cuecli23.pdf

Or,

It  is possible to have up to two numbers in the same Cisco Unity   Express  (CUE) User profile. Configure the first number as the Cisco   Unity  Express User Primary Extension, and the other number as the   Primary  E.164 number.

Or back to the great reference from Chris;

If you look in CUCM Admin there is an area called Voicemail Profile.  This area allows you to configure a Profile that points to a specific  DN/Voicemail Box. When you apply this Profile to DN's any call that  forwards to the Voicemail System from these DN's will be directed to the  specified Voicemail.

For  example: you want all calls that forward to 4005 to go to  the mailbox on DN 3115.

You  would create a Profile in CUCM called "3115 rollover" which points to 3115 via the Voicemail box mask of 3115. Apply this profile to 4005 and when calls route  through this number to voicemail they will recieve the 3115  Greeting etc.

Device>Phone>Directory Number Configuration>Directory Number Settings>Voice Mail Profile

This profile can be applied to as many phones as needed

Hope this makes sense!

Cheers!

Rob

- The Band

Hi Rob,

That makes sense.

I don't want to do the global change, since I see other times where someone forwards a call and if they don't answer it goes into the destination VM.

I see how to add another VM Profile and where to put the mask, but I will have to get permissions to save new ones...

What I don't see is the place to pick the VM profile on the device.

I only see:

(Choose to use system default)
Required Field

Right now I'll see if the first way I did it works, although I like this method if I could make it work.

It would be pretty easy to make more that way if I need it.

thanks for all the help guys!

Mark

Hi Mark,

You are most welcome my friend

So when you pull up the DN page for 4115 under the Voice Mail Profile "Dropdown"

you should see the options that include your newly created rollover profile

once it has been created.

Cheers!

Rob

- The Band

HA!

It was right there, even in the paste I did.

No idea why I didn't see it...must be early.

Setting it to have the second number in CUE (Primary  E.164) didn't seem to work, but I'm still messing with it.

I'll ask to get more permission.

Thanks!

Mark

Adding the number in the E.164 did not work.

BUT I got a person with more 'rights' than I have to make another VM profile and entered the destination number in the mask.

Works great!

thanks for all the help.

Mark

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: