cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 8 intercluster trunk with overlapping numbers

Glenn R
Level 1
Level 1

We are trying to create a trunk between two call managers one version 8.0 and the other 6.0.

We have Voice working one way but the other way seems to be problamaitc. How would i go about troubleshooting this ?

11 Replies 11

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You need to provide more detail.

Are you able to dial?

Does the phone ring?

Does it drop when you pickup?

Is there 1-way audio?

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Excellent, Ok

This is a migration from version 6 to verion 8 and we have a handful of users that will be testing the system prior to release. This means that the directory on both clusters are the same. We have been able to create a trunk from version 8 and create a route pattern that uses the trunk to route the numbers but this does not work from cluster 6 to 8.

I will try and explain the configuration but expect a lot of questions. Also please bear in mind that I quite new to Communications Manager.

version 6 is still live and the config has been restored on 8 so there is number overlap.

On the version 8 cluster a call pattern has been setup to route all the partitions we have to version 6 and this works. Now ti have a hand full of users in version 8 we have tried to create route patterns for each individual number to a trunk but this does not work. Am I going about this the right way 

Hi Glenn

I think you missed out the Trunk Setup from 6 to 8. Whatever the setup is from 8 to 6 it should be the same from 6 to 8.

Make sure that the IP address order on the Trunk is same as the server Order in the call manager group associated with the Device Pool on the Trunk page.

HTH

Tapan

I have a trunk on both sides pointing to the other

Hi Glenn

IF the basics of a Trunk Setup is in place then we need to investigate more as to where the problem is.

Make some test calls and write down your observations. Also note down the calling number, called number, mention the patterns pointing to each cluster also mention the CSS/partition of the phones, the trunk type.

Attach the Dial plans from both the CLusters.

Try resetting the Trunks.

Thanks

Tapan

Hi Glenn,

Can you provide us the snapshots from on of your route pattern, the trunk from where the call goes to another cluster, phone's config dor which the RP is created and the snaphot on the trunk on 6.x cluster.

This will give us clear picture of your route plan and we will be able to figure out the problem quickly.

Thanks

Mudit

I will sedn you the details when I get back into the office tomorrow morning. Thank you

michele.russo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Glenn,

Also check the CSS/Partition set up.  And, try resetting the trunk, I have found that resetting it often resolves the problem.

Michele

THank you Michele,

We have reset the trunk a numerous times but to no avail.  Like the route pattern I will create screen shots of the CSS and Partition details tomorrow so please bear with me

Thank you all for starting to help me with my problem whichI managed to figure it out today. Guiding me ion the route pattern is what made me check and re-check this

To try and route all the calls over to the new to call manager 6 I has a wildcard route pattern which grabbed the call and then seemed to put it in the wrong partition on the other end. So all fised now.

Hey Glenn,

Great to hear that ..!!

Cheers..!!

Mudit