cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 8 - SW Conference Problem

ALISSON CHAGAS
Level 1
Level 1

I'm with a curios problem related to conference resource on CUCM 8. I have two conference configurations, one using HW and other using SW. When I try the conference using Hardware it works fine, but when I try to use Software resources I got this error message on the phones: "Cannot complete conference"

Additional Information:

- I'm using Call Manager version 8.0.3.20000-2

- The 3 phones belong to the same region using Codec G711 and they are connected to the same switch

- I have all Services activated on CUCM

- I 've created two SW Conference Bridge, one for Publisher and one for Subscriber server (the problem happen with both)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

One other thing, double check to make sure the conference bridges are registered (the software conference bridges).

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you tried restarting the IPVMS?

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I've tried yet, no sucess.

Thanks for your help!

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

When you test using the hardware conference bridge vs. the software are you changing the media resource group list (MRGL)?  If so double check that the device pressing conference has access to a conference bridge.  If you're sure of that a quick look at the call manager traces will show us if it's a codec problem since the CUCM software conference bridge only supports g711.

I've created 2 Media Resource Group, One for Software and One for Hardware, so when I do the tests, I access the Media Resource Group List and and change then. When I put the MRG HW works fine, but when I put MRG SW does not work.

Thanks again for your help !

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

One other thing, double check to make sure the conference bridges are registered (the software conference bridges).

I've pressed the wrong button about the answer.

They are both registered at Call Manager

ALISSON CHAGAS
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

Thanks everybody for the support but I've solved ythe problem.

Let's explain what happened:

My SW CFB is configured for Location Hub_none and my phones are configured with the site location (LOC_NV_PND) and they were configured for my friend to have Audio Bandwidth limited to 144k, so I changed this limit to UNLIMITED and after that is working fine.

Clue: I got the suggestion to check Location on Call Manager troubleshooting guide:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/trouble/8_0_2/trbl.pdf