cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 8.x MOH Issue

xcz504d1114
Level 4
Level 4

My MOH only works when I dial out my PRI's, OnNet calls, it does not work. I thought it might be a codec issue, but even using the Sample music doesn't work, and there were no errors in the translation. I've also tried setting the MOH on the phone, the line, and also in the system as the default, with no luck.

Any Ideas?

CUCM 8.5.1.10000-26

Thanks,

Craig

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tapan Dutt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

Did it ever worked? check the Device Pool of the MOH server and see if changing it makes it work? Check is MOH files are uploaded on all the servers in the cluster.

Restart IPVMSA service on the servers.

HTH

Tapan

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you using unicast or multicast?  Do you hear tone on hold or silence?  If one IP phone places another IP phone on old, does the phone that is put on hold (should be hearing music) have access to a registered MoH server that contains the user hold audio source set on the phone that pressed hold?

If you believe this might be a codec issue go to the IPVMS service parameters and enable the codecs you're using in your network.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Tapan Dutt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

Did it ever worked? check the Device Pool of the MOH server and see if changing it makes it work? Check is MOH files are uploaded on all the servers in the cluster.

Restart IPVMSA service on the servers.

HTH

Tapan

It is a device pool issue, although I'm not entirely sure why, the device pool contains a CSS, that contains all of the partitions needed to talk to the phones. If I put the MOH server in a device pool for Site X, it only works for Site X and not Site Y.

Thanks for the help,

Craig

Hi Craig,

It could be that your Device Pool that you changed it to has a different MRGL assigned to it which does not have the required MOH resources in its MRG.  It could also be that a different region is assigned which is causing a codec mismatch between G711 and G729.

HTH,

Chris

I only have 1 MRGL, and I verified all of the resources were in the MRG. The MOH server is assigned to a different region, changing the regions doesn't seem to affect it's ability to communicate (or not communicate) any differently.

anyone figure this out.. Im getting same thing.  my MOH server is the device pool "devicepoolA"

The MOH Multicast server is in devicepoolA

my remote site has DevicepoolB

My remote site is an MRGL that contains an MRG that has just the MOH Multicast server in it.

All  regions are G711, turned off the dumb service parameter (new one by the  way) that defaults interegion calls to G729... Call is verifed G711.

MOH file I have used before on CM4

On my H323 router i should the source 239.1.1.1, but in RTMT i see the MOH Multicast active?  what gives?

My hop is set to 1

my 239.1.1.1 16384 on the MOH server

Router SRST is pointed to 239.1.1.1 to my gig interface then loopback. 

ccm-manager music on hold configured.

8.5SU1 and 15.1.3.T1

I ended up unassigning the resources from the MRGL, and removed the MRGL, my devices now use the system as a default, not ideal, but that's what seemed to do the trick.

HTH

Craig

So, my multicast was working at the PSTN gateway fine. My CUCM configs were fine. The problem is that the customer did not have multicast on the local network setup on the voicevlan. The other issue is that we had multiple ISR routers all with the MOH Mulitcast command, so they were “fighting” with 239.1.1.1 broadcast space on the local network. The IP phones would just get dead air.

Fun stuff, thanks for your help!

Cisco Support Community<>

Re: CUCM 8.x MOH Issue

created by xcz504d1114<> in IP Telephony - View the full discussion<>

Hi Guys,

I have an issue where I have a CUCM that have a fix moh source (voice gateway), MOH multicast is enable on the GW at 239.1.1.1. the multicast config on the network is fine because I can listen witth VLC on the 239.1.1.1 and I have de MOH but my phones doesnt..

I think it's probably a a problem of MRGL / dev-pool or something... Anyone have advices regarding the relationship between the Device-pool, MRGL, location, region and moh on the phones...

thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: