Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 9.0 restrict some calling numbers to PSTN

Mateusz Paczek
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

I have my CUCM cluster connected with H323 Voice Gw and I'm trying to  restrict certain calling numbers when they call to PSTN. I have created TP with Calling Line  ID Presentation set to Restricted, give my phone access to this TP via  CSS, but calling number is still visible on the PSTN phone and on my Voice Gw (debug isdn q931 shows calling number)

I tried also set Calling Line ID Presentation to Restricted on RP pointed to my PSTN number but i didnt work also.

Is there any way to solve this problem? My provider can restricted  only full pool of my DDI and I'd like to have an option to restrict only  some from my DDIs.

I'll be really greatfull if u point me to the right direction.

Mat

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The common way to do what you want is to setup a separate CSS that contains a PT that houses the RPs used for routing calls to the PSTN. On these RPs you set Calling Party Transformation to

Calling Line ID Presentation: Restricted

Calling Name Presentation: Restricted

That should restrict presentation of caller ID to the PSTN. It will still show the calling number in the deb isdn q931, but this flag to hide the number would be set. If I remember correct the flag should be i = 0x00A3 on the calling party. The last digit, 3 in my example, can vary.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

The common way to do what you want is to setup a separate CSS that contains a PT that houses the RPs used for routing calls to the PSTN. On these RPs you set Calling Party Transformation to

Calling Name Presentation: Restricted

That should restrict presentation of caller ID to the PSTN. It will still show the calling number in the deb isdn q931, but this flag to hide the number would be set. If I remember correct the flag should be i = 0x00A3 on the calling party. The last digit, 3 in my example, can vary.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Response Signature

That is how I did that  

I see change on the flag when I have 

and

Calling Line ID Presentation: Default so i guess it should work.

So I think I need to talk with my PSTN operator if he can restrict number based on this flag.

Thanks for help

Then you should get into contact with your Telco. It sounds like they don't honor the clid restrict flag set in the ISDN signaling.

Just for kicks, have you tried to set the caller id to something completely nonsense, like 0000000? Most Telcos won't let you present a caller id that don't belong to your circuit. If they do you either have an optional service tied to the circuit that allows presentation of any caller id or your Telco doesn't abide to "normal" best practices. If you have an extra service to allow this you often also need to set the proper type of number and number plan, for example national/ISDN.

Please post the output from a deb isdn q931 for a call with restricted caller id.

Please remember to rate all useful posts.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Response Signature

Hi,

Please attach a debug where can see the flags been setup. Usually we just use a translation pattern to strip the calling number before even hitting the gateway

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hello.

This is output from my gw when CLID flag is set through TP:

*Oct 29 09:26:11.156: ISDN Se0/0/0:15 Q931: Applying typeplan for sw-type 0x12 is 0x0 0x0, Calling num 12XXXXXXX

*Oct 29 09:26:11.156: ISDN Se0/0/0:15 Q931: Sending SETUP  callref = 0x00A2 callID = 0x8023 switch = primary-net5 interface = User

*Oct 29 09:26:11.156: ISDN Se0/0/0:15 Q931: TX -> SETUP pd = 8  callref = 0x00A2

Bearer Capability i = 0x8090A3

Standard = CCITT

Transfer Capability = Speech

Transfer Mode = Circuit

Transfer Rate = 64 kbit/s

Channel ID i = 0xA9839F

Exclusive, Channel 31

Calling Party Number i = 0x00A1, '12XXXXXXX'

Plan:Unknown, Type:Unknown

Called Party Number i = 0x80, '126XXXXXX'

and output from debug when CLID is set to Default in TP configuration

*Oct 29 09:25:03.204: ISDN Se0/0/0:15 Q931: Applying typeplan for sw-type 0x12 is 0x0 0x0, Calling num 12XXXXXXX

*Oct 29 09:25:03.204: ISDN Se0/0/0:15 Q931: Sending SETUP  callref = 0x00A1 callID = 0x8022 switch = primary-net5 interface = User

*Oct 29 09:25:03.208: ISDN Se0/0/0:15 Q931: TX -> SETUP pd = 8  callref = 0x00A1

Bearer Capability i = 0x8090A3

Standard = CCITT

Transfer Capability = Speech

Transfer Mode = Circuit

Transfer Rate = 64 kbit/s

Channel ID i = 0xA9839F

Exclusive, Channel 31

Calling Party Number i = 0x0081, '12XXXXXXX'

Called Party Number i = 0x80, '126XXXXXX''

As you see there are different flags in Calling Party Number.