Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 9.0 SIP TRUNK STATUS WITH SIP OPTIONS

Oswaldo Torres
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All.

We activate Options Ping, that is working fine, but where do we look to see if  the trunk is up or down ?

Where do we see real-time status for the trunk?

I want to find something like "show interface" on the Routers, but to SIP Trunk in CUCM.

Thanks.

Regards,

Waldo

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You can however monitor activity on the trunks, and trigger a custom alarm when having 0 active calls during some time of the day.

Im not sure how many false positives this could give you though, but is a common alarm on telecom when you have an almost always on route.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Hi Oswaldo,

Option ping only work If the remote SIP device fails to respond or sends back a SIP error response such as 503 Service Unavailable or 408 Timeout. You will need a monitoring software to check the SIP trunk status and get statistic about the connection.

Please remember to rate useful posts clicking on the stars below.
Favor calificar todos las respuestas útiles dando click en las estrellas de mas abajo.

Yes, I understand that, but in a route-group we have 2 SIP Trunks, we have Top-Down configured.

When one of them fail, the CUCM switch the calls to other SIP Trunks, that works fine, but until we see that the calls are on the second sip trunk, we took action to fix the problem.

I'm try to find, some view on the RTMT or some command on CLI to see if the CUCM put some SIP Trunk unavailable.

There's not way to see when a SIP Trunk is unavailble. If all Gorup list are exhausted you will receive a Route List Alert telling you this: RouteListExhausted...but nothing more.

Regards

Please remember to rate useful posts clicking on the stars below.
Favor calificar todos las respuestas útiles dando click en las estrellas de mas abajo.

Gracias.

Thanks.

You can however monitor activity on the trunks, and trigger a custom alarm when having 0 active calls during some time of the day.

Im not sure how many false positives this could give you though, but is a common alarm on telecom when you have an almost always on route.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Robert,

That sounds like a very good idea. Infact an excellent one and in most scenarios you should know when to expect a false positive. eg if you get that around 3am evryday, and you dont run a 24hrs service you know that is expected. In my environment if I get this alarm anytime, I know something is wrong..I should never get it.

Question is how do we set this up?

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

My friend Deji, I know it has been a while, but have you figured this out?

In fact, I'm looking a way to find out the history for SIP trunk status (ping option).

I want to know what time we lost the connectivity for this sip trunk via RTMT.

I heard we can check via syslog, sdi, etc, but not sure which name I can use to easily use to filter/find the message related to the option ping (sip trunk status).

Thanks!

Hi Gustavo, hope you are doing well.

I do not know of any easy way to do this. You should be able to see something like "503 service unavailable" in the SDL traces for the sip trunk. This will tell you when the trunk goes down. But this is assuming that you know at least the day or a set of period that the trunk went down

kwinstrand
Level 1
Level 1

For anybody, like me, still searching for an answer on this:

You can customize the RTMT "SyslogStringMatchFound" event to look for "SipTrunkOOS" and send an alert when the trunks go down.

mcecilia
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

At least on CUCM 10.5, when you search for trunks in CUCM under device - trunk, you can see the columns:

SIP Trunk Status

SIP Trunk Duration

Hope that helps