Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 9.1.1.20000-5 don't have the device packages for 8831

rramlal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have just tried to add the device for 8831 and I didnt see that option available? Can someone guide be to getting the device packages for this version. I went on the software download site and it didnt have any device packages for that version of call manager.

Please advise what are my next steps?

13 Replies 13

Manish Prasad
Level 5
Level 5

Next step - upgrade to 9.1.2

Hi,

You are hitting a bug here. You need to upgrade to the latest device pack.

Rate if it helps

Regards

Ajay

Hello mnsh,prasad,

So for the upgrade to the 9.1.2, what is recommended? 9.1(2) or 9.1(2)SU1?

Hello ajay,

There are no device packs for my release. What device pack were you talking about?

Hi ,

it is supported on CUCM 7.1(5), 8.5(1) ,8.6(2) ,9.0 and above.

No devpack is required for this CUCM version but I think u need to upgrade the CUCM to 9.1(2) as suggested by Prasad.

what is firmware version u are using for 8831?

9.3(3) SIP loads and support files for 8831 Conference IP Phone (Part 4)

CSCuh53866

Symptom:
The purpose of this check in is to add the 9.3(3) firmware and the related
support files for Cisco IP Phone model 8831 to supported CUCM branches.
Enabler/QED checkin is not in this effort.

Conditions:
Applicable to Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CallManager) releases
7.1(5), 8.5(1), 8.6(2), 9.1(1).

Workaround:
No

regds,

aman

Hi,

you can upgrade CUCM to latest version 9.1(2) SU1

regds,

aman

Thanks much. very grateful for the quick response everyone.

Hi ,

thanks for the ratings.Share the outcome after u upgrade.

[+5] to Prasad and Ajay .

regds,

aman

Hi All,

I was able to upgrade the cluster successfully. The device package for the 8831 is available but when the phone was added i got the error registration rejected. Any ideas?

Also for my unity connection cluster should i also upgrade to the same version on call manager?

Did you restarted the cluster after installing device pack ?

Hi,

Can u share the show version active from Call Manager?Is auto-registration enabled on call manager?

Look for any unassigned DNs and if exist, delete them.

If still unsuccessful,please try adding phone manually .

regds,

aman

Hi All,

I was able to get the phone registered. I am still confused why it worked though. I will have to check another 8831 to see if the same issue occurs.

I did try both auto reg and manual but same issue. What resolved the issue is disabling the dhcp setting on the phone. the phone got a dhcp address but i decided to enter it manually but as soon as i disabled the dhcp server it registered immediately.

Any ideas on this, i am going to check the dhcp server to see if there is anything strange.

Hi Guys,

So it turned out to be a firewall issue. An any-any rule was invoked for testing and it seem that the firewall was blocking the dhcp release setting to the voice network.

Thanks much.

Also the question on the cisco unity connection, should I also upgrade to match the version of call manager that was upgraded yesterday? I dont know if there is a cisco best practice.

Hi,

you can refer the matrix.What is the UCXN version u are using ?

Supported Version Combinations for Cisco Unity Connection 2.x and Later with Cisco Unified Communications Manager

Cisco Unity Connection

2.x and Later

Cisco Unified Communications Manager

9.1(2), 9.1(1), 9.0(1),8.6(2),8.6(1),8.5(1),8.0(x), 7.1(x), 7.0(x), 6.1(x), 6.0(x), 5.1(x), 5.0(x), 4.3(x), 4.2(x), 4.1(3)

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/compatibility/matrix/cucsccpmtx.html#wp100363

you can upgrade if your H/W permits and u have UCSS/ESW contract .Also, if looking for any new features on UCXN 9

regds,

aman

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: