Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 9.1.2 DRS backup takes extremely long time to complete

Anybody else noticed that DRS backups from CUCM 9.1.2 to a Windows SFTP server (ex: OpenSSH) takes up to 6-7 hours to complete?

Backup to a Linux SFTP server runs fine.

All backup worked fine on Windows or Linux with CUCM 9.1.1.

6 Replies 6

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Sebastien,

Can you try taking the backup on a machine in the same subnet as cucm and see if the issue persists? Have you tried restarting the DRF MA and LA services yet? Openssh is one of the supported options for DRS backup so you can engage TAC if the issue persists.

f.hallier
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Sebastien,

We have just upgraded our CUCM from 9.1.1 to 9.1.2 and experienced the same issue with an OpenSSH server on Linux Debian 7...Would you please tell us the Linux SFTP/distribution version you have installed ?

This issue occured when using OpenSSH on a Windows2008 32-bit OS (also reproducible with separate CUCM instances). We worked around this by using native sftp on a Linux CentOS backup server.

Thanks Sebastien,

I'll have a try tomorrow.

I use coreftp sftp client and my backups take max 15min

www.coreftp.com/server/

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Best Regards

f.hallier
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

After a few tries, I finally used CentOS 6.5 (with Open-SSH 5.3p1-86 bundled) and all is now fine. CentOS 5.6 does not work.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: