Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 9.1(2) - MoH Continuous/Start From Beginning Question

A client of ours needs MoH to always play from the beginning for each call (has to do with how they constructed a contact center-like MoH/Greeting). It appears if no streams are active this is the behavior - all good. However once a stream is active on the MoH server all subsequent calls hear the MoH file mid-stream (wherever the current held stream is in the playback). The MoH Server and Audio source is not enabled for Multicast.

Thanks in advance.

4 Replies 4

andre figueira
Level 1
Level 1

What your topology? Do you have CUCM with ROUTER for Media stream?

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you sure you are using unicast as with unicast every stream from MOH server to the device is a new stream and the MOH begins from start.

We are using Unicast Chris, thanks for the reply. I actually ran this past TAC and was told this is actually standard behavior since CUCM 6.x. Now to clarify, it's calls that are routed from a Unity AA to Attendant Console CTI. TAC didn't seem to indicate this should matter. If the MoH Stream is in use it apparently will play right at the point which the MoH server is currently streaming.

Hi Brian,

I know this is a year later, but ran in to the same issue. After doing a lot of digging, I found the following defect CSCue85258. Basically you are right in saying that subsequent callers to the CUAC queue will hear the middle of the stream, apparently there was a way of disabling that in pre CUCM 9.0 through unticking "Play continuously (repeat)" field.

Since CUCM 9.0+ the behavior is to always repeat. The only way to get a new stream is if there are no held calls for at least 10 seconds.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: