cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 9.1 call not going within same CUCM but different site.

chouna789
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I have a CUCM 9.1 and 2 sites in it. For inter site call we prefix a code (telnet number) to target extn. I have a situation when user A from site 1 calls user B site 2 with PSTN number, call is clearing. But when he dials telnet number, call is failing. We have SME cluster in our infra so when Site 1 calling site 2, call will be forwarded to SME cluster which turn back the call to same cluster as per route it has. 

When I did DNA, call is directed to SME cluster. 

To trace this call I used RTMT. Below is call highlight. 

Call is going to SME and coming back and after after 3 second system is seeing a BYE and + 7 second getting "481 Subscription does not exist".

I am not sure of this error code and what required to be done. Google giving be "481 Call/Transaction Does Not Exist " which is different from what i am getting.

Anyone, please help.

Thanks,

Narendra

6 Replies 6

Suresh Hudda
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Do you want to dial form IP phone (cluster 1) --> SME --> IP phone (cluster 2) using an access code e.g. 7 ...is it right ) ?

If it right then are u sending access code '7' to SME and then there you are removing it by selecting "discard pre dot" at sip trunk in SME ?

Suresh

Hello Suresh,

No, Site1-IP phone (cluster 1) --> SME --> Site2-IP phone (cluster 1).

Every site has his own prefix. Every call (if not from same site and PSTN), will routed to SME and from here rerouted to destination cluster. Here source and destination cluster could be same or different.

Call is working fine when called from Jabber. But, failing when called from Desk phone.

Thanks,

Narendra

Hello Narendra, 

This architecture is strange for me, I didn't get intention behind using SME for even intra cluster calling :-) I'm not sure this will work, maybe someone else here can help you and confirm.

Suresh

Why would you send calls that are meant to hit a phone in the same cluster as dialing phone to SME? to then have it back???

If everything is in the SAME cluster, why SME????

SME is meant to be used when you want to share the dial plan with OTHER CLUSTERS, if everything is in the same cluster, they all know about the dial plan.

I've never seen anyone do this before.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime,

our set-up is such that any call that belongs to different site will take SME. :( we have in all 5 clusters.

Thanks,

Narendra 

Hi Narendra,

Which side is sending a bye , you need to run the DNA from that SME cluster to see if call is routing?

Also can you explain the SIP trunk topology eg each leaf cluster has SIP trunk going to each SME cluster with run on all nodes checked .also from SME cluster do you have a SIP trunk for all destinations in the leaf cluster's with run on all nodes checked.

Can you attach full set of CCM( with calling,called and time of call)  traces to see what exactly is going on thanks