Helpful
Replies

cucm 9.1 cluster upgrade

Richard Piskac
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I was upgrading the cucm 9.1 cluster and my points are:

-     there is not specific point for upgrading subsequent nodes - you are able to upgrade the subscriber only after the publisher finished instalation with this:

upgrade_install.sh|Initiated cluster manager to send updated publisher data to subscribers|<LVL::Info>

upgrade_install.sh|Upgrade Complete -- (0)|<LVL::Info>

-     if you will follow the release notes and try to start upgrade after specific logs with the new product version, you will receive this information:

"The given directory was located and searched but no valid options or upgrades were available.  Note, the system cannot be downgraded so option and upgrade files for previous releases were ignored."

Maybe one point for fixing the release notes.

Best.

Richard

12 Replies 12

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Richard,

what is the existing CUCM version and the desired version to be upgraded?

from the last point mentioned,It seems that you are not following the correct upgrade path.

regds,

aman

Hi Aman,

that was only patch to 9.1.2.11900-12 from 9.1.1.20000-5 so direct upgrade.

Richard

Hi Richard,

can u share the show version active from CLI or from GUI when u login in CUCM Application administration?

Also, please confirm which is the filename u are using for upgradation from below :

a. UCSInstall_UCOS_9.1.2.11900-12.sgn.iso

b. UCSInstall_UCOS_UNRST_9.1.2.11900-12.sgn.iso

regds,

aman

Hi,

a. UCSInstall_UCOS_9.1.2.11900-12.sgn.iso

admin:show version active

Active Master Version: 9.1.2.11900-12

and the inactive part is:

admin:show version inactive

Inactive Master Version: 9.1.1.20000-5

R.

Hi Richard,

show version active shows the 9.1(2)SU1. This means CUCM is working on the desired version.

You would have done the switch over from 9.1.1.20000-5 to 9.1(2)SU1. Please confirm if I am correct.

I did not understand where is the problem.

regds,

aman

Hi Aman,

there is no problem with upgrade. The patch was installed successfully. But you are not able install subsequent nodes till the publisher finish the instalation.

No problem, no bug, that was only information, that the release notes say that you are able to start instalation, but the true is that no. You must wait.

R.

Hi Richard,

I was refering the Release notes  but could not find any such info.

I am attaching the downloaded release notes .

Can u please share the link and page number?

rgeds,

aman

Hi Aman,

sorry, that was my mistake. The document was Upgrade guide and here is link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/upgrade/9_1_1/CUCM_BK_UAEC4331_00_upgrade-guide-cucm-91_chapter_01.html#CUCM_TK_U20914B4_00

Part upgrade a cluster.

R.

Hi Richard,

you are referring to Parallel upgrade

Did u check the most recent install log file?

You can only start upgarding other nodes in a cluster after u get the message in  a Publisher

09:53:54 post_upgrade|PRODUCT_VERSION_DISPLAY is 9.1.2.11900-12|<:INFO>
Search completed

this is what I can say.

regds,

aman

Yes. I checked the most recent log file from utils system upgrade status. But I was able to start upgrade on the subscribers after the publisher finished the upgrade.

R.

I confirm this.

I'm doing an upgrade right now from 10.0.1.10000-24 to 10.5.2.12901-1.

I saw the PRODUCT_TARGET, NAME and the other stuffs however I can only see the following message on the Subscriber :

"The version obtained from the name does not match the active or inactive version of the publisher. "

This is sad because Upgrade Guide is the most important guide in my opinion (Installation Guide is less important since the installation mayb not be directly on Production, however the Upgrades are done directly on Production platform).

The guide has to be pretty pertinent to the last character.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: