CUCM 9.1 License

jack samuel
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

Please find the attached,

Is it possible for  lower standard to borrow from higher standard,

i mean to say can Enhanced count can borrow from CUWL Standard count license ,

What can be done to get rid of the insufficient error.

9 Replies 9

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Jack,

I was just refering Admin guide of  Borrow and Loan of License works.It says  Enhanced license cannot borrow from other license types.If enhanced license are available,it can loan.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucmbe3k/8_6_3/system/BE3K_BK_C30C50F6_00_cucm-be3000-admin-guide_chapter_0100.html#BE3K_RF_BEB31FC7_00

regds,

aman

Hello,

I have only connected  100 phones and  i have available more than 100 license then why it is showing me this error.

Thanks

TexasBrandon
Level 1
Level 1

You need to check your licensing DLU requirements for the phones.  Some require 4 units while others require less.  So if you had for instance 100 7962s you would need 400 DLUs to be able to handle that many since each 7962 takes up 4 units within the license(s).

Well,

This error is recently by connecting the 7975 phones in the network, can you tell me the DLU requirement for 7975 phones and these phones come under enhanced category.

Thanks

TexasBrandon
Level 1
Level 1

Based on CUCM 8.6.2 I see a that 5 licenses are used for each 7975 on the system.  So if you have 100 of those you need 500 DLUs.  On your CUCM go to System -> Licensing -> License Unit Calculator for all the values.

Hello

The output what i showed you is  from ELM and my CUCM is 9.1.

TexasBrandon
Level 1
Level 1

Ok, the version doesn't matter, you need to check the licensing requirements for those phones on your system regardless of what version you are running.  100 licenses does not necessarily mean 100 phones.  It is based on the phone or device.

shkn
Level 1
Level 1

From the snap shot provided it seems that there is insufficient Enhanced license types . 

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6882/ps9156/product_solution_overview0900aecd806cc7a4.pdf

Shyam

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: