cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 9.1.x to 10.5.2 upgrade

pedroferreras
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, i need to upgrade CUCM and CUC  from 9.1.x to 10.5.2 and i have 2 questions regarding the licensing escheme:

1.I'm running ELM co-resident with my publisher server, it wil be automatically upgraded to PLM as soon as i upgraded the publisher server to 10.5.2?

2.Do i need to migrate or re-host the 9.x licenses to work with the new 10.5.2 version?

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Pedro,

Agreeing with Aman, your ELM running co-resident will be upgraded to PLM.

You should have UCSS or ECMU (new) contract to open the case for license migration and take snapshot of the ELM with total license or LCU (my case LCU did not worked).

Before upgrading open the case and after the upgrade just run the migration output from your PLM and send it to Cisco GLO and you will get the 10.x licenses.

You will get 6 month demo license for both CUC and CUCM just after the upgrade.

Let me know if you have more queries as i recently did for one of my client.

Regards,

Raaj.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Pedro,

For a co-resident Enterprise License Manager deployment, Enterprise License Manager is upgraded to Cisco Prime License Manager along with your Unified Communications product upgrade.

You need to share the txt file generated from PLM to licensing team to get the permanent lic file so that it canbe uploaded on PLM.

re-host is required in case of hardware failure and PLMis   installed on new H/W.

regds,

aman

Hi Aman, you mean the license request file?

I'll be running on demo mode? In this case? I'll have full unity connection functionality untill getting the definitive licenses.

Thank you

Hi Pedro,

Agreeing with Aman, your ELM running co-resident will be upgraded to PLM.

You should have UCSS or ECMU (new) contract to open the case for license migration and take snapshot of the ELM with total license or LCU (my case LCU did not worked).

Before upgrading open the case and after the upgrade just run the migration output from your PLM and send it to Cisco GLO and you will get the 10.x licenses.

You will get 6 month demo license for both CUC and CUCM just after the upgrade.

Let me know if you have more queries as i recently did for one of my client.

Regards,

Raaj.

Hi Pedro,

you would get eval lic file valid for 180 days.

for getting the permanent lic file, u need to go to PLM, then , Licenses ----licenses ---other fulfilment options and click on Generate License Request .

Copy and paste  this file in notepad and share with licensing team.

Hi Raaj,

LCU won't work with ELM and works with CUCM 8.x or prior versions.CUCM 9 is already working on UCL /CUWL while CUCM 8 or prior works on DLU where we need to find Basic/Essential/UCL enhanced/UCL enhanced PLUs/CUWL Std licnese users /ised/unused DLUs which is provided by LCU.

regds,

aman

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: