cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM AD Authentication

billybjo1
Level 3
Level 3

I have different suggestions made to me when setting up an AD integration, some using the normal AD account name, some using the extension (telephonenumber?). The latter mainly for ease of use when entering EM logins etc.

If I plan to deploy CUPS, Jabber, Mobile clients (IPhone/Android) are there any gotchas with going one path or the other, or even another alternative?

This would be a 9.1 system.

2 Replies 2

Carl Ratcliffe
Level 3
Level 3

If you use telephone number or extension at some point you are going to run into a requirement that users share these details.

For example all our service desk analysts log into extension mobility and uccx so need unique cucm id's however within the corporate directory we want there telephone and extension numbers to display the same as the main service desk number so in this scenario you couldn't use that field for login.

Thanks, Carl Ratcliffe

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

With Jabber and other desktop type applications, you generally want to use the sAMAccountName as the user ID because this is what users are accustomed to logging into the local desktop with.  If you have a multi-domain scenario, then you may need to use userPrincipalName.  The advantage with CUCM 9x and higher is that LDAP sync/auth is not an all or nothing scenario.  So, you can have LDAP enabled but also create local user accounts for other purposes and/or users that are not in AD.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!