cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Alternate Extension used to allow duplicated extensions

dwayne rattan
Level 1
Level 1

I am using the Alternate extension option to allow users in different partitions to have the same extension and this works fine.

for example:Site 1

Extension: 1234

Partition:Site1

ALT Extension 1211234

Site 2

Extension 1234

Partition: Site2

ALT Extension 1311234

But the problem I am facing is that CUC does not recognize both duplicated extension  and only leaves voicemail for one account.

How can I get CUC to import the alternate numbers while still allowing calls to dial a 4 digit extension and get the correct voicemail account

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You would need to adjust the partitions and search spaces in CUC if you want to use the same DN more than once.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi,

I am assuming you are using two forwarded routing rules, correct? If this is the case, you need to make sure that each rule is using the right search scope to be able to access the partition of the right user.

If you are using the default forwarded rule (Attempt forward), then it will access only one of the users based on the assigned search scope. If the search scope contain both partitions, it will access the partition on the top as it scans based on order.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: