cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cucm and 2811 sip gateway configuration

warquezho0612
Beginner
Beginner

- Is there any documentation on configuration of (2811) as sip gateway to cucm? This is my setup

callmanager ---> 2811 (must be sip gateway)

- On the callmanager side I just made a sip trunk pointing to the ip address of 2811, is there anything else that must be done?

- Also how do I register Analog phones (fxs) from the 2811 that will act as a sip gateway to cucm? Do I need a sip proxy server for this or cucm is enough?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

sumimanc
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Let me first of all try to understand are you trying to configure Sip gateway where The leg from the call manager is sip and from the router to the Telco is POTS leg( ISDN side ) ??

or are you trying to configure a CUBE (Cisco Unified Border element) Which is IP-IP gateway where leg from Call manager to the router is SIP and from router to the service provider (Telco) is also IP leg using either H323 or SIP Hence Resulting in IP-IP gateway.

In both the case the configuration you need to do on the call manager side is to Go to Device -->Trunk--->Add a Sip trunk

Just make sure the destination Ip address of the SIP trunk is the ip address of the SIP gateway or CUBE where the sip trunk is being terminated.

The Trunk Status Does not shows registered on Call Manager unlike MGCP where everything being controlled by Call Agent .

So for the outbound calls you need to point Route patterns or Route Groups to the SIp trunk and for the inbound calls, you need to create the SIP dial-peer from 2811 towards the call manager.

for the outbound calls

On the Gateway the configuration varies if you are using SIP gateway (pots dial-peers ) to telco  or CUBE.(Sip or h323 dial-peers) to service provider .

Also in some cases for CUBE  you need to register the cube to the service provider , you need to add some commands under sip-ua and for CUBE you need to make sure allow connection sip to sip  or sip to h323 or h323 to sip dependin upon the scenario.

please check the link below

http://www.ciscopress.com/articles/article.asp?p=664148&seqNum=6

for your second question  Also how do I register Analog phones (fxs) from the 2811 that will act as a sip gateway to cucm :Your question is not very clear, can you please elaborate ???

HTH

PS : Don't Forget to rate if you find the info useful !!!

Regards,

sumit

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

warquezho0612
Beginner
Beginner

anyone?

sumimanc
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Let me first of all try to understand are you trying to configure Sip gateway where The leg from the call manager is sip and from the router to the Telco is POTS leg( ISDN side ) ??

or are you trying to configure a CUBE (Cisco Unified Border element) Which is IP-IP gateway where leg from Call manager to the router is SIP and from router to the service provider (Telco) is also IP leg using either H323 or SIP Hence Resulting in IP-IP gateway.

In both the case the configuration you need to do on the call manager side is to Go to Device -->Trunk--->Add a Sip trunk

Just make sure the destination Ip address of the SIP trunk is the ip address of the SIP gateway or CUBE where the sip trunk is being terminated.

The Trunk Status Does not shows registered on Call Manager unlike MGCP where everything being controlled by Call Agent .

So for the outbound calls you need to point Route patterns or Route Groups to the SIp trunk and for the inbound calls, you need to create the SIP dial-peer from 2811 towards the call manager.

for the outbound calls

On the Gateway the configuration varies if you are using SIP gateway (pots dial-peers ) to telco  or CUBE.(Sip or h323 dial-peers) to service provider .

Also in some cases for CUBE  you need to register the cube to the service provider , you need to add some commands under sip-ua and for CUBE you need to make sure allow connection sip to sip  or sip to h323 or h323 to sip dependin upon the scenario.

please check the link below

http://www.ciscopress.com/articles/article.asp?p=664148&seqNum=6

for your second question  Also how do I register Analog phones (fxs) from the 2811 that will act as a sip gateway to cucm :Your question is not very clear, can you please elaborate ???

HTH

PS : Don't Forget to rate if you find the info useful !!!

Regards,

sumit

Hi Sumit,

Thanks for your reply... The scenario I think I was asking is

sip              pots

CUCM -----> Router ------> Telco

|

| fxs

analog phone

And I was able to solved this using the trunk you mention, I also add a route-pattern from the CUCM going to the Router, I was just confused last time as to where I don't need to add route-patterns when calling the the analog phones on the router attached from the CUCM using h.323 or mgcp as I used the STCAPP command for h.323

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: