cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM and 8961 some phones are slow/delayed or do not react when a button is pressed

Frank Janka
Level 1
Level 1

I have this symptom on some phones.

When a button is pressed, for example the settings button, the phone does nothing. Also when I try to dial a number. After a few seconds the pressed buttons are executed delayed. After a reset of the phone, the problem is gone for a while.

We are using CUCM 9.1.2.10000-28 and the firmware sip8961.9-3-4-24

3 Replies 3

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Frank,

Please check the following bug

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCum50769/?reffering_site=dumpcr

8961/99XX phones may exhibit slow performance

Symptom:
Users may notice delayed response on the phone display when pressing keys, especially when dialing.
Users may also briefly notice an extended delay when pressing buttons after the phone has been idle for an extended period.

Conditions:
Using 8961/99XX series phone

Workaround:
Enable Simplified New Call UI to improve responsiveness when dialing.

If the issue persists after trying the workaround then further details are required like:

Is the issue affecting all 8961's?
Does the issue go away if you try to upgrade or downgrade the firmware?

HTH

Manish

mordak
Level 1
Level 1

I have this problem with 8851 with CUCM 10.5.2.11900-3 and sip88xx.11-0-1-11.  The issue is intermittent.  A phone reset clears it up but only temporarily.  Problem was there with sip88xx.10-2-2-16 firmware also.  Applied UI adjustment as described.  Waiting for results.

Update:  UI change has no effect.

I'm having the same issue with 8851s too.  10.5.2.13900-12 with sip88xx.11-0-1-11 firmware.

Mordak

Did you end up finding a fix for this?

Jeff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: