Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM and AD integration question

action711
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I'm about to integrate our AD into CUCM for it's directory.

Ideally I'd like to do a test run, but encountered many problems when trying to login to a vm clone of CM so I sacked it off.

So now I just want to go for it, but am concerned how disruptive it's going to be.

I have created a user in AD for every phone within the company.

My CUCM users have a user ID of their directory number, and then are named correctly within their name fields. The majority of my AD users are people with first names and last names configured in their account. Will CUCM match them up, with the USER ID being the directory number and not their name?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I dont think it will match them up. because your User ID's will still be unique, whether they are local User ID's or imported through LDAP.

whatever you decide to do, make sure you snapshot your VM, to be on the safeside.

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Assuming CUCM 9.x, worst case scenario is that you cannot map the field that has the same value as your current userIDs and they'll remain local users + the new synced LDAP users.

If below 9.x, then you'll wipe them all and replace only with LDAP users.

the options for userID are limited to 5-6 LDAP fields, and you can only choose from between those.

If they do match, they'll simply be updated as LDAP users and synced with your LDAP info.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Yes, is 9.1.2.

I like the snapshot idea. I will take one on Monday and do the integration and see what happens!

Thanks guys

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I dont think it will match them up. because your User ID's will still be unique, whether they are local User ID's or imported through LDAP.

whatever you decide to do, make sure you snapshot your VM, to be on the safeside.

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: