Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM and CUC voice mail configuration

angelito_mas
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have configured on CUCM 2 Hunt Pilot with 2 different Voice Mail in Unity.

On CUCM:

*Number 1* translated to DN 700 which forwards call to the Hunt Pilot 751000  with "Call forward No Answer" and "Call Forward Busy" to Voice Mail Pilot 771000

*Number 2* translated to DN 709 which forwards call to the Hunt Pilot 751001  with "Call forward No Answer" and "Call Forward Busy" to Voice Mail Pilot 771000

On Unity

Created 2 users for the 2 extensions 751000 and 751001, each one with a dedicated mailbox and a personal Greetings recording.

What happens:

When I call number 1 (or 2, it is the same) and nobody answers, my personal recording and the voice mail does not work, Unity forwards to the Opening Greeting default.

How can i fix it?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

TechLvr
Spotlight
Spotlight

@angelito_mas All your configs seem to be correct on the CUCM side. Now, on the CUC side, you need to add hunt pilots 751000 and 771000 as Alternate Extensions to the voicemail box that you want to receive all the voicemails.

In CUC, go to users and find the user in question. Under the user configuration page, go to Edit > Alternate Extensions , then click Add New and add the hunt pilot number. You can add both numbers under the same voicemail box or add 751000 under one voicemail box and 771000 under another.

Alternatively, If you want to send the VMs to a group of users, you need to create distribution groups in CUC. Then, create two call handlers with the extensions 751000 and 771000. Set each call hander to receive messages and deliver them to the distribution groups. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Exactly what are you trying to do??

You do not need to have multiple integrations with CUC, a single integration works for all users, if you haven't, refer to the existing documentation online for the SIP/SCCP CUCM-CUC integration and make sure everything is properly configured.

On CUC you need to match the DN that the phone/user has.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

TechLvr
Spotlight
Spotlight

@angelito_mas All your configs seem to be correct on the CUCM side. Now, on the CUC side, you need to add hunt pilots 751000 and 771000 as Alternate Extensions to the voicemail box that you want to receive all the voicemails.

In CUC, go to users and find the user in question. Under the user configuration page, go to Edit > Alternate Extensions , then click Add New and add the hunt pilot number. You can add both numbers under the same voicemail box or add 751000 under one voicemail box and 771000 under another.

Alternatively, If you want to send the VMs to a group of users, you need to create distribution groups in CUC. Then, create two call handlers with the extensions 751000 and 771000. Set each call hander to receive messages and deliver them to the distribution groups. 

Thank you @TechLvr !

I have solved it configuring in CUC the 2 users with the DN 700 and 709 as primary extensions and their hunt pilots as alternative extensions.  

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: