Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM and LDAP Integration

akoukis
Level 1
Level 1

Hello to everyone,

does anyone knows the minimal required attributes on MS Active Directory in order to import and sync a user to CUCM from MS AD LDAP integration?

On SRND of 11.X describes only the mapping between Unified CM User Field and Microsoft Active Directory.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/collab11/collab11/directry.html#74101

Best Regards

Anestis  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Out of curiosity I just tested this. Looks like last name is required, but not first. I created a user with no first name and was able to sync. See attached.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The answer would depend on the existence of a custom filter applied to the LDAP directory config in CUCM. For example, if I have (Company=*) in the custom filter, the user would need a company in AD in order for the sync to happen. Without a filter, CUCM will sync all users within the LDAP User Search Base. Beyond that, the user would need the LDAP field configured to map to the CUCM user ID (System > LDAP > LDAP System > LDAP Attibute for User ID). There are no other required attributes as far as I know.

Brandon

Hi to all,

thank you every one about the feedback, I will give my 5 points to Brandon because he spend some time to test it and give us a response with an output.

Thanks again

Anestis

pqueued
Level 1
Level 1

Absolute minimum is First and Last name. Without a LDAP filter whatever your search base is after sync will suck in all users that have at minimum First and Last name attributes.

Out of curiosity I just tested this. Looks like last name is required, but not first. I created a user with no first name and was able to sync. See attached.

I stand corrected, I guess it's out of habit that the first name is kinda a given however if last name is left out sync for that user will fail. Corresponds with mandatory fields in end users.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: