Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Backup Alerts?

tommydubs
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All, 

I'm attempting to setup email alerts for successful/failed backups in CUCM.  I currently have the mailserver configured using RTMT and have alerts enable for CiscoDRFFailure.  I have 2 questions however...

1. - Is there a way to configure the alerts for CiscoDRFFailue to also report the successes.  If not, how can I go about doing that?  I see that there is an alarm for DRFBackUpCompleted, but i cant seem to find it for a custom alert (nor have I set up any custom alerts as of yet)

2. - How can I test mailflow for the alerts?  I pretty sure I have everything configured correctly, but just want to make sure that if the alert is triggered, that I will in fact receive an email for it.  I dont see a test connection or test mailflow option.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks in advance all!

Tommy

3 Replies 3

Richard Simmons
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Tommy,

I'm not sure if its possible from RTMT to configure these alerts but you can configure notifications to be sent to a syslog server, you can do this via

CUCM Serviceability > Alarm > Configuration > Backup and Restore Services > Cisco DRS Master, from here you can enable the syslog server.

This will provide notification of both failed and successful backups. 

As for testing if email is working i normally set up an alert against failed logins on CUCM and trigger that by entering the wrong password and waiting for the email to arrive.

Regards,

Richard

Thanks Richardsimmons for the response.  I think I got the alerts working ( and will be testing tomorrow completely.  I'll definitely post back my results for anyone else with a similar question.

Also, email alerts testing the way you suggested worked great too!  I wonder why a quick "send test mail" isnt included to ensure functioning correctly?

Thanks!

Tommy

Hi Tommy,

Glad to hear its now working!

It would be very helpful to have that option in RTMT, maybe it will appear in a future release.

Regards,

Richard

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: