Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM BAT Spreadsheet 64-bit support

Ryan Schwab
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Attempting to use the BAT Excel Spreadsheet 8.x on Windows 7 and Office 2010 all 64-bit and recieving the following error:

``Compile Error: The code in this project must be updated for use on 64-bit systems....``

Has anyone found a way around this, or is BAT simply not supported on 64 bit systems?

Thanks in advance!

Ryan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sadly it's just not supported until they rewrite the macros. I use XP Mode or VMware Workstation to run 32bit Office.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sadly it's just not supported until they rewrite the macros. I use XP Mode or VMware Workstation to run 32bit Office.

Not entirely the answer I was hoping for....but I'll make due for now!

Thanks!

I just ran the BAT file and configured some devices and it seemed to work just fine.  I am running Windows 7 64bit and the Latest Office 2010.

Office 2010 comes in a 32bit and 64bit version. You apparently are running the 32bit install of it.

I guess I am, I did not know there was a 64bit version.

Karel Wesdijk
Level 1
Level 1

Although I have not tested all functionality of the BAT.xls I 'fixed' the code that gives the error about updating it for use on 64-bit systems.

The problem is the calls to Windows shell where they use variables which are to small to hold a 64bit memory address. Instead of fixing the written code I used the reference Microsoft Office 15 Object Library and used the OpenFileDialog.

You can read about my fix here: http://www.wesdijk.net/Blog/Bericht/4/Fix-BAT-tool-for-CUCM-with-Office-2013-64-Bit

For me it works well, but I can't give you guarantees that it will work for you and in every circumstance. I haven't run into any trouble with the fix but I don't use all the options available in the BAT.xls so there still be some hidden problems.

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

After six years, there's still no (public) Bugtrack entry for this, let alone a fix.

*sigh* :-(

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: