Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM BAT Spreadsheet 64-bit support

Ryan Schwab
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Attempting to use the BAT Excel Spreadsheet 8.x on Windows 7 and Office 2010 all 64-bit and recieving the following error:

``Compile Error: The code in this project must be updated for use on 64-bit systems....``

Has anyone found a way around this, or is BAT simply not supported on 64 bit systems?

Thanks in advance!

Ryan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sadly it's just not supported until they rewrite the macros. I use XP Mode or VMware Workstation to run 32bit Office.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sadly it's just not supported until they rewrite the macros. I use XP Mode or VMware Workstation to run 32bit Office.

Not entirely the answer I was hoping for....but I'll make due for now!

Thanks!

I just ran the BAT file and configured some devices and it seemed to work just fine.  I am running Windows 7 64bit and the Latest Office 2010.

Office 2010 comes in a 32bit and 64bit version. You apparently are running the 32bit install of it.

I guess I am, I did not know there was a 64bit version.

Karel Wesdijk
Level 1
Level 1

Although I have not tested all functionality of the BAT.xls I 'fixed' the code that gives the error about updating it for use on 64-bit systems.

The problem is the calls to Windows shell where they use variables which are to small to hold a 64bit memory address. Instead of fixing the written code I used the reference Microsoft Office 15 Object Library and used the OpenFileDialog.

You can read about my fix here: http://www.wesdijk.net/Blog/Bericht/4/Fix-BAT-tool-for-CUCM-with-Office-2013-64-Bit

For me it works well, but I can't give you guarantees that it will work for you and in every circumstance. I haven't run into any trouble with the fix but I don't use all the options available in the BAT.xls so there still be some hidden problems.

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

After six years, there's still no (public) Bugtrack entry for this, let alone a fix.

*sigh* :-(

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.