Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Bulk administration file in Mac OS

m1xed0s
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hey,

I was trying to open the bat file downloaded from CUCM 8.6.2 to try to generate phones to import back into CUCM. However my excel 2011 on Mac 10.8 can only open it as Readonly without Macro...

I only did bulk administration with the bat file on Windows. Is there any special treak i need to do on Mac? Or maybe the bat file is not really compatible for Mac at all?

Thanks,

Shuai

6 Replies 6

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can create the BAT file by just saving your spreadsheet as a CSV file. Not sure about MACROs on MAC.

Do and export all details for a phone and populate this export with the info that you want to put back in again (using CSV).

=============================
Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

=============================

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

But the bulk admin file can only be openned as Readonly file on my Mac OS. I can save it as another xlsx file and open that one but still no help.

This could be an workaround...Thanks,

Looks like the Macros for BAT won't run at all in Excel 2011 and I am not sure if there is a workaround. But as it was commented, exporting current phones or UPDs, allow you to have the fields name you need. Generally, I will use BAT file to create a template (in Windows) and work daily with CVS files, which is quicker.

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

All the macros do, is populate the headers. This is because in some situations, e.g. 796x with multiple line apperances, a column may neeed to be repeated.

All I do, is generate the bare basic files on a Windows machine so I get the core headers, then just treat the files as dumb CSVs. Works for me.

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

Another option I usually choose with bat is to insert a couple of phones in cucm and export all phone details from bulk, import the generate csv in excel so that all fields are already there.
This is useful for both windows and MAC.
HTH
Regards

Carlo

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: