cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM - Call forwarding & time of day routing/scheduling query

musademirel
Level 1
Level 1

We are looking for the best solution to resolve a timeof day routing/call forwarding query. Any recommendations are much appreciated.

We have 3 regions with 3 respective helpdesk numbers for each site. We want to manulpulate the behavious of a call so that during certain time periods Unanswered calls gets redirected to another extension and if still not answered gets forwarded to VM. For example:

Site A:

7am - 12noon > Unanswered calls to VM

12 noon - 11pm > Unanswered calls goes to Site B extension & if unanswered it goes to VM

11pm - 7am > Unanswered calls goes to VM

Site B:

7am - 12 Noon > Unanswered calls to Site A Extention

12 noon - 7am > Unanswered calls goes to VM

The complexity increases even more as the helpdesk numbers sit on different CUCM's in different clusters. They are linked together by intercluster trunks.

We are running a combination of CCM 4, 6 and 7

I realise with Time of day routing, it literally redirects and hands off the calls altogether to another extension altogether and loses ownership of the call so we are in essence looking for a method to manipulate how and when unanswered calls should be handled. Is there a way in CUCM or Unity to perform this?

Thanks in advance

4 Replies 4

acampbell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Tried this in my lab for CF No Answer on a phon line

Worked OK.

You would need to know where you would be providing the CF "NO ANSWER"

You need to create TOD partions - one for each time period

You will need a CF "NO ANSWER " CSS

I created 2 TOD periods

1- ALL AM

1- ALL PM

I created 2 TOD SCHEDULES

1- ALL AM

2- ALL PM

2 x PARTITIONS

1-AM USING SCHEDULE AM

2-PM USING SCHEDULE PM

I created 2 translations and changed the called number to a different routable DN one for each

Set CF NO ANSWER on the phone line

Rang original number time is PM reulted in call being router to my preffered PM number

Repeated and AM rang after changing time on CUCM

HTH

Alex

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the reply. I dont have a lab but I will test it on a a set of new extensions and trial out your method.

thanks again

Mus

natevdw
Level 1
Level 1

Another way to accomplish time of day routing:

Receptionist wants to have her phone auto forward to voicemail outside of business hrs.

Let's assume published number is 1000 and her extension is 1001.

1: Setup a CTI route point for 1000 and call fwd all to voicemail

2: Setup a System Call Handler on 1000 called "Time of Day" and apply the business hours schedule to it.

3: For 'during hours' have the system play a silent greeting, then ring 1001

4: For 'closed hours' have the system play the standard auto attendant greeting.

This is way simpler than other solutions proposed.  Easier to change (or delete) too!

-Nate

Mark VandeVere
Level 1
Level 1

Given the multiple behaviors you want, I believe this would be best done in Cisco Unity Connection. It would require multiple Call Handlers, one for each scheduled behavior. I haven't done one with as many options as you list, but we often handle 2-3 options by doing this. Call always goes to main CH for the DN in question, and then gets routed to the other Call Handlers, or voicemail, depending on schedules.