cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM call masking

mariodavila1
Level 1
Level 1

We have had an issue with "call masking" numbers. It works, however, it will still show the "real" number in ( ) below the mask on internal calls. If I remove the partition for phones internally and force the call out of the Call Manager and back in, the "masking number" shows up because it is riding back in on PSTN. This is a work around but ties up two circuits and I want to be able to mask calls without having to rig the partitions that way. We have CUCM 11.2 now. Any suggestions? I would equate this to hotel/motel disguising calls from the front desk showing "main number" as opposed to "real extension". Thanks in advance for your time! have a great weekend!

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

So, just to be sure, are you interested in the name it shows??

Or the number?

How do you have this configured right now?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

not name...number to be more exact. ie, hotel main 320-7000 as opposed to ext 2587. I want it to show up as the "main desk" number...not the ext.

You could use "Caller ID for Calls from this Phone" setting on the device page. That should mask the number for internal calls.

How are you masking it now?

The easiest way is to configure a translation-pattern (TP) to match the internal DNs (such as 2XXX). This TP should be in a parition called tp-pt and having calling mask to change the calling number such as 3132XXX.

Then make sure that your phones are having css which can see tp-pt only and can't see internal DNs directly.

We want to use a number that has nothing to do with the correct number. For example, the extension may be 3300. when this caller dials me at 3322, I want it to be masked as 320-4000. The 320-4000 is the "mask" I want associated to make callers think call is coming from that number and not 3300. It works using the "external mask" field but when it shows up, the mask is present but (3300) will also be displayed on the display. I want to eliminate that portion. If I use a CSS without the PT in it, it works each time because it comes from outside and back into the switch. This is an "external call" and behaves accordingly.

Try it using the method I suggested with translation patterns. It should work without going to PSTN