Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Callee being put on hold after picking up on-net call

I have users at one branch (at least) who are sporadically having an issue when they are called by someone (on-net), when they pick up the call (they always use just the handset, not speaker or headset) sometimes they will hear hold music as if the callee was put on hold. On the caller side of the call, they see that the call was put on hold and they have a dial tone playing in their ear when the callee picks up the phone and is put on hold.

We are running CUCM 10.5.2.10000-5. Call Recording *is enabled* on all of the phones, but it seems to only be a subset of folks that are having the issues. Handsets are CP-8851's.

I suspect call recording to be the culprit but it has to be enabled and recording calls in case they want to selectively save a call. I have no proof of this short of disabling Call Recording for a short time for the reported extensions.

Any help or pointers are much appreciated! Thank you

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Pull CCM SDL traces and comb through them for the triggering event. It sounds like the calling party is initiating a conference/transfer which could be as simple as a stuck button on the calling phone. The SDL traces can help you understand who is at fault so you can narrow your troubleshooting efforts.

ananiascott
Level 1
Level 1

Just ran into something similar with call recording,  it was a codec mismatch that resolved my issue.  Check what codecs are supported by your call recording application  and what the on net calls are using

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: