cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM CallRecording with SNR

Bill CARTER
Level 5
Level 5

We have CUCM cluster integrated with Zoom Call Recording. Spanless recording with a SIP trunk is used. If a call comes in and SNR routes the call to a cellular phone, can the call be recorded?

6 Replies 6

Bishay Bishesh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Bill,

Your issue is an year+ old. Were you able to get this done. I want to get it done for a customer.

Both inbound and outbound calls. Outbound calls, I belive is done by Two Stage dialling.

Regards,

Bishay

I think we told the customer that inbound calls that are routed back out by SNR won't be recorded. I don't know if it is poosible to make this work.

Hi Bill and Bishay,

Recording works using the Built in Bridge in a Cisco IP Phone. The Built in Bridge mixes the RTP stream for all the participants and asks the SIP leg to the recording server to join in as well.

Thus, recording can only work when calling an IP phone.

Regards,

Jagpreet

Hello Jagpreet,

That's one way. But we can always SPAN the gateway. I also got to know that using MTP (Media Termination Point), the calls made or received through SNR can be recorded.

The approach I am thinking should work:

When it's an incoming call: PSTN call comes to V.G.-> The deskphone and the SNR associated Mobile Phone rings- user receives the call on mobile- the deskphone and V.G is still in loop- SPAN the gateway and get the RTP.

When it's an outgoing call: User dials using SNR associated mobile- call lands to enterprise number on CM- CM dials out to PSTN via. V.G- SPAN the gateway and get the RTP.

Your help is appreciated.

Rg,

Bishay

Any update please.

Hi,

I've been able to setup SNR and got the audio call recording done via Gateway, that works but I am more interested in getting the metadata related to the call.

I've an Application/JTAPI user associated with the manage target and not the remote desitnation profile, 
We don't get anything related to the remote destination when the manage target is monitored.

For eg:
B is the remote desitnation for A2
A2 is monitored target on JTAPI

A1 calls A2 and call is answered by B,
JTAPI doesnt send any information regarding remote destination to the recorder?
Is that correct behaviour ?