Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM - Cell Phone redirection to IP Phone

FAISAL RASHID
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Is it possible for CUCM to identify a cell number associated with a user and then redirects the call to his IP Phone extension first, incase user is not available on his desk then the call will be routed out through PRI to Cell Phone number. We are using CUCM 9.1. Is there a feature in CUCM which can accommodate that? Insights will be helpful.

Thanks,

Faisal

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

No, that would work, you just need to adjust the CSS for CFNA so that it routes via a RP, and not to the same DN (that matches the mobile) that got you there in the first place.

Definitely not something that is really manageable as this all would need to be performed for every single user, and admin maintained.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

tonyperla
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi Faisal,

Have you looked into SNR (Single Number Reach)?  It may help with calls coming into the DID or DDI in question to ring both his/her desk and cell phones at the same time.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/113301/how-configure-snr-remote-destination-cucm-cisco

Hope this helps

Tony

Please rate helpful posts

Thanks,
Tony

Hi Tony,

Let me rephrase the question. The requirement is a bit different than SNR. Per requirement CUCM  should identify the call initiated from our IP Phone to a Corporate user’s cell and send it first to Internal extension and in case call is not answered on Internal Extension then call should be forwarded to Cell Phone.

I believe SNR works the other way, SNR detects the call coming into your DID or IP Phone extension and fork the call to another Phone after certain number of seconds.

The challenge here is that one is making an outbound call from an internal IP Phone to a Cell Phone number, that cell phone number should be associated with a User either by SNR Profile or by using another feature. I have an idea about using translation patterns to achieve this but I am looking for some CUCM internal feature like SNR, if somehow we can leverage the SNR profile to achieve what is required. Below is the flow what I am looking for.

Internal Extension dials Cell Phone -> CUCM Transforms or redirects the Cell Phone number to Internal Extension of destination user -> Internal Extension doesn't Answer -> CFNA -> Cell Phone.

Thanks,

Faisal

Hi Faisal,

Thanks for the clarification. I am not entirely sure how to accomplish that.  If you put in a translation for the cell phone number and then later if the call goes RNA, you cant forward to the same cell phone number, it would just loop.  While looking at the remote destination profile and destinations I cant see being able to leverage those either for what you need.  Hopefully someone else can chime.

Hope this helps

Tony

Thanks,
Tony

No, that would work, you just need to adjust the CSS for CFNA so that it routes via a RP, and not to the same DN (that matches the mobile) that got you there in the first place.

Definitely not something that is really manageable as this all would need to be performed for every single user, and admin maintained.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thank you gents, that was my understanding that there is no CUCM feature to address this out of the box. Have to play with CSS, Partitions, Translation Patterns and RP. 

SNR won't be an option for this kind of requirement.

Regards,

Faisal

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: