Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM certificates

pcromwell
Level 3
Level 3

customer is running CUCM 9.1

I am deploying Jabber for windows and Iphone and when the customer logs into Jabber for windows, they get the untrusted certificate error, and have to click "trust this server" about 3 times just to log in. This happens everytime.

So I realise that I have to  install certificates to get the trust working.  The site has its own Windows cert authority so from some cert guides from cisco I have attempted to understand what is required. this is where I get stuck.

I have gone to CUCM OS gui and generated a csr  which one do I choose? there are so many do I choose tomcat, do I choose CUCM, I have no idea.

I tried CUCM, then went to the windows ca and requested cert. I pasted the csr as requested and got a cert. but when I go to install it on the CUCm, it gives an error.

Am i doing this process wrong? is there a good doc out there that covers each step and why. I have read the Jason Burns one, but that isn't up to date for what I need

4 Replies 4

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

You need to get the Tomcat & CTI certificates on all your CUCM servers signed by a CA trusted by your clients.

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

what is the process for doing that? Is there a good guide to follow? I have tried following some, but they do not explain what I need to do or why.

My understanding is...

go to CUCM, generate a csr.

go to CA. get it verified.

download the approved cert.

apply it to CUCM

Is that right?

Hello pcromwell,

You might want to check the following link with instructions and screenshots:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/30501/cucm-uploading-ccmadmin-web-gui-certificates

Cheers a lo Pura Vida,

DNRP

Keep in mind that you need to restart the appropriate services after you upload a certificate.  If you upload a Tomcat certificate, you must go in to the cli of each CUCM server and restart the cisco tomcat service.