Replies

CUCM CFA vs. translation pattern

tprochazka
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys, we gotta CUCM7.1(3) and I

experience problem that if I set CFA CSS matching only one

tranlation pattern, translation of Calling number defined

in this TP doesnt work when signalizing call to outside GW.

When I set this CSS for as line CSS and dial number manually,

translation works.

GW page in CUCM set up that it should signalize source number-  "last redirecting number"

and thats where is suspect the problem, because if I change TP to lead call to another sccp phone

(which means that it doesnt signalize to external GW), TP works perfectly and on another

phone I see changed number.

Doesnt somebody know where the problem is? Everything is checked twice, so I know that

TP is matched and so on...

I would guess that TP is matched, calling number is rewrited in call_flow, but CUCM doesnt

use this rewrited number when signalizing call outside.

If somebody got suggestion how to solve it I would really appreciate.

2 Replies 2

Tapan Dutt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

Can you write down the call flow . eg:

Phone A--- CFDAll----GW----PSTN phone

Also please mention what are the values under Device: like if you have a CFWD All CSS on Phone A then

Phone A

CSS A (Contains Partition of TP)

and what calling numbers do phone see and what is expected.

Thanks'

Tapan

nitsinha
Level 4
Level 4

I am not very clear about your call flow but with whatever i understood i believe you want to change the calling party number while calling external phones. If that is so, then try using calling party transformation pattern.

- Create a calling party transformation pattern in the CUCM under Call routing>transformation pattern

- Put it in a partition say PT_Calling_Out. Create a CSS say CSS_calling_Out and assign the partitionPT_Calling_Out in it.

- Under Device>Gateway, select the outbound H.323 gateway and apply CSS_calling_Out in Calling Party Transformation CSS.Save and reset.

Post your results here.

Regards

Nitesh

PS:Please rate helpful posts