Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Cluster after reinstall!!

Hi experts!

We have a CUCM Cluster with Publisher A and Subscriber B, ccm 5.1.3.

In the Publisher, the hard disk have crashed and I needed REINSTALL.

Now, the Publisher is fine and I have a important question. Could I  plug the Subscriber in the network and the cluster will work´s fine, with the database replication or I mandatorily need to reinstall the subscriber too?

To reinstall the subscriber will be bad, because I dont have the but install CD in the same version of the Subscriber, and I would need reinstall the Publisher again, together the Subscriber and upgrade both nodes....

Thanks!!

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

HI Marcelo,

You need to build the Publisher first with 5.1.2 bootable DVDs and then, build the subscriber with same version.

then, upgrade both servers to 5.1(3g) in cluster and then, restore backup of 5.1(3g) version on PUB.

regds,

aman

View solution in original post

You could also apply patch upgrade during the install, so boot from 5.1.2 and when asked if want to upgrade to a patch upgrade select yes and use the 5.1.3 ISO/media/sftp.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If I recall correctly with version 5 you need to resintall the sub if you reinstalled pub, this should be documented in the proper release notes.

HTH,

Chris

Hi Marcelo,

In addition to what Mr. Chris has said, what is the exact CUCM version u are using.

I was refering to release notes of Call manager 5.1(3a) , where in the bug related to your case

CSCsj90196 Bug Details

Change DRS process to not require sub rebuild/restore
Symptom:
CM5.x and 6.x disaster recovery currently requires subscriber reinstall. CM3.x and 4.x did not require subscriber reinstall after BARS restore.

Conditions:
Perform DRS restore on CM cluster.

Workaround:
After DRS restore on publisher reinstall each subscriber in the cluster.

I hope u might have performed DR after Publisher was rebuild.

regds,

aman

Hi Amanso!

I am using 5.1.(3g).

I have install´s CD only in version 5.1.2....so i think I need to reinstall the Publisher e after it reinstall te subscriber. After it, to permorf the upgrades and lastly upalod the backup...

It´s correct?

HI Marcelo,

You need to build the Publisher first with 5.1.2 bootable DVDs and then, build the subscriber with same version.

then, upgrade both servers to 5.1(3g) in cluster and then, restore backup of 5.1(3g) version on PUB.

regds,

aman

You could also apply patch upgrade during the install, so boot from 5.1.2 and when asked if want to upgrade to a patch upgrade select yes and use the 5.1.3 ISO/media/sftp.

HTH,

Chris

Amanso and Chris!

Thanks for your help!

Good weekend for you!

Hi Marcelo,

thanks for the rating.

regds,

aman