Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Cluster design.

Ritesh Desai
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi team,

I have query regarding cluster configuration. Am going to install 2:1 (1 Pub and 2 Sub with redundancy)

In cluster environment, Publisher provides database services to subscribers. Subscribers provides call processing function and endpoints registers to Subscribers.

For this functionality, On Publisher which services do I need to enable except Database and admin services.

How to configure load balancing between 2 subscribers (Active-Standby)

regards,

Ritesh Desai

*** Please rate helpful post. Please mark as answer if it solves your problem/query.
regards, Ritesh Desai
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

in cucm group , add sub1 and sub2. And then further add this cucm-group in the device pool. As you are not going to run ccm service on cucm pub so there is no need to add cucm pub in cucm group. i hope this clarifies.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Varundeep Chhatwal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

you can create a cucm-group in which you will have sub1 as primary and sub-2 as secondary so that phones will register to sub1 and incase it goes down , phones will fallback to sub-2. you have to assign this cucm-group to device pool on phone.

Hi varundeep,

Thanks for guidance.

create a cucm-group in which you will have sub1 as primary and sub-2 as secondary

What about Publisher? Do I need to create different cucm group and add publisher in it.

On Publisher which services needs to be enabled and on Subscriber which service required to run.

thanks

Ritesh Desai

*** Please rate helpful post. Please mark as answer if it solves your problem/query.
regards, Ritesh Desai

as you only require cucm-sub1 and cucm-sub2 to handle all registration and calling ,then ccm service should be running on both of them. any server handling call and phone registration should have call manager service running. regd publisher , it depends on your deployment how you want to use it. as publisher is involved in many database activities , its generally not recommended to run heavy services like ccm service. if you have planned to use cucm-sub1 and 2 to handle calls then there is no need to add cucm pub in group.

Hi Varundeep,

On Publisher node, ONLY database services will run to handle database activities, rest other services will be deactivated.

On Subscriber node, All services except database services will be ACTIVATED. So CCM Services, CTI Services, CDR Services, Performance and Monitoring Services, security services and Directory services will be activated.

Under CUCM Admin/ System/ CUCM Group/ 1 Publisher and 2 Subscriber will be configured. Under Device Pool, I have to assign 2 Subscribers for call signalling functionality.

Hope am correct?

regards,

Ritesh Desai.

regards, Ritesh Desai

you should not deactivate the database services on subscriber else it won;t work. it has to communicate the with the database of publisher as well. under serviceability page on cucm , there are network and feature services. all network services should be running and you can start any feature service on the server based on your requirement.

Hi varundeep,

Thanks for clarity...

Is my statement right?

Under CUCM Admin/ System/ CUCM Group/ 1 Publisher and 2 Subscriber will be configured. Under Device Pool, I have to assign 2 Subscribers for call signalling functionality

regards,

Ritesh Desai.

regards, Ritesh Desai

in cucm group , add sub1 and sub2. And then further add this cucm-group in the device pool. As you are not going to run ccm service on cucm pub so there is no need to add cucm pub in cucm group. i hope this clarifies.

Thanks Varundeep...

regards,

Ritesh Desai.

regards, Ritesh Desai