cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM cluster domain name

pcromwell
Level 3
Level 3

I am configuring Expressways for B2B calling. outgoing calls work fine. Incoming calls however are failing. 

I see from expressway core call logs that the call in URi format is being transformed okay and is passed to CUCM. but in the logs i get 408 timeout. from CUCM logs I get no errors. I can see form the analyser that the CSS is correct and it passes the test. In the user directory number I have set the uri correctly.

I am wondering, on CUCM enterprise page do I need to set the 2 below fields? we have a split domain

external.com and internal.com  what would I need to put in both fields? please do not refer me to any docs as I have read them and they are not clear on what is required or why

Clusterwide Domain Configuration

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

No, nothing resets. You dont need to add it to the two. Choose based on my description which field is more appropriate.

Please rate all useful posts

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It all depends. If the request that is sent to CUCM has a domain name then you should add that domain name to your CFQDN. You can add multiple domain names here but ensure it is a domain that is local to you. This is because any request to this domain will never be sent out to vcsc but will be processed locally by CUCM. The OTLD ( organisational top level domain) can be used if you share a domain both internally and externally because any request that matches this domain will be checked both internally and externally. CUCM will try to route calls for this domain externally as well. You can only have one domain name here

many thanks Ayodeji, so as I have internal.com I can just put that in
the cluster fqdn. by adding entries to these 2 fields, I assume phones
wont get reset or any servers in the cluster will need reboots?

No, nothing resets. You dont need to add it to the two. Choose based on my description which field is more appropriate.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: