cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Cluster move and extension mobility profiles re-login

sarwarm123
Level 1
Level 1

In our organization we have two CUCM clusters. We recently decided to remove one cluster and move our devices to the first cluster. My worry is do our users have to re-login Extension Mobility Profiles manually? Please see below flow

Cluster A: 10.1.1.1 = CUCM 8.6

Cluster B: 192.1.1.1 = CUCM 7.x

AD: Sharing same AD

Devices and UDPs are exported from the Cluster A and imported on the Cluster B manually

As I asked above do our users who moved from Cluster B to Cluster A have to re-login Extension Mobility Profiles. If yes is there any way to do this automatically

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

When you login, configuration details for a user are logged to CUCM database. So as long as the user does not logout and your EM srvice parameter does not say that users should be logged out after a while, then they stay logged in. But for this case, these users have never logged in to this CUCM servers. All you have configured are UDP profiles. They need to login vefore their configuration can be loaded unto the phone...There is no way CUCM will store their details without this.

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes, they have to re-login and No there is no way to autoate the login process.

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Hi Aok,

Thanks for your reply just for the understanding purpose can you please tell why relogin required? Is this because phones have details of different cluster's TFTP server.

Do you know normally when we logged in EM once and then disconnect phone physically without logging off Extension Mobility then we don't have to relogin. Any idea why?

When you login, configuration details for a user are logged to CUCM database. So as long as the user does not logout and your EM srvice parameter does not say that users should be logged out after a while, then they stay logged in. But for this case, these users have never logged in to this CUCM servers. All you have configured are UDP profiles. They need to login vefore their configuration can be loaded unto the phone...There is no way CUCM will store their details without this.

Very good explanation, thanks once again

Hi Aokanlawon,

I need your help, as you know we were moving users from one cluster to another cluster within the company. Everything working fine apart from the CUE integration with CUCM

I have also opened new thread if you can please have a look why cti route point is not registered however cti ports are showing registered

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2224562

Stephen Welsh
Level 4
Level 4

As aokanlawon pointed out CUCM does not have a mechanism to export/import Extension Mobility Login State (i.e. which user is logged into a particular IP Phone).

However it is possible to do this using PhoneView from UnifiedFX.

PhoneView allows you to do almost anything with your IP Phones, including the ability to capture, export and import user login details and bulk log users in/out of Extension Mobility. A number of large organisations have used this capability to prevent user disruption when migrating or consolidating CUCM Clusters.

You can download PhoneView for free to test with up to 50 phones, if you need to test with more phones you can request a trial from here:

http://www.unifiedfx.com/phoneview/trial

Thanks

Stephen Welsh

CTO

http://www.unifiedfx.com