cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Cluster with CUCCX - WAN Bandwidth Calculations

m.gravel
Level 1
Level 1

I am attempting to calculate the WAN bandwidth requirements for a CUCM and CUCCX cluster over the WAN.  The scenario is a CUCM and CUCCX first node in location A and a CUCM and CUCCX secondary nodes at location B.  BHCA is not known however there are only 450 phones in total in the system.  I believe if I read it correctly the minimum BHCA for calculations is 10000 which would probably be more than enough.

CUCM

1.544 Mbps for Intra-Cluster Communications Signaling

1.544 Mbps for database and other inter-server traffic

------

3.08 Mpbs

CUCCX

1.2 Mbps for traffic between UCCX servers (database replication, heartbeat and other communications between HA servers)

0.8 Mbps for traffic between UCCX server and remote CUCM server

----

2.0 Mbps

In this case CTI Manager would also be deployed on both servers.  The CUCM SRND for 8.x also states:

For customers who also want to deploy CTI Manager over the WAN, the following formula can be

used to calculate the CTI bandwidth (Mbps):

(Total BHCA/10,000) 1.25

I am not sure if I have to work this into the calculations based on the scenario described.

In the UCCX SRND they talk about deployment types being ACD and IP-IVR.  The UCCX system will be used for auto attendants and for queuing calls to agents.  Would that mean that I need to calculate for both ACD and IP-IVR.  Or does IP-IVR apply only when implementing with UCCE?

Agents will be located at both sites and at other WAN sites as well that are on the cluster.

Do these calculations look correct?  Am I missing anything?

1 Reply 1

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The calculations you included are all you need between servers, the CTI manager traffic is basically the 0.8 mbps traffic, but can be higher for larger deployments.

HTH,

Chris