Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Cluster

abdulkarim041
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

I have a CUCM cluster. Two CUCMs, one is Publisher and second is Subscriber. In TFTP i have defined IP address of both CUCMs. I configured Publisher as a primary server and Subscriber as a Secondary Server in TFTP. 

Wherever I remove the Publisher from the network which is the primary server for phones. Phones get unregistered and start registration process to secondary server which is subscriber. it takes almost 2 min.

is there any way to reduce this time?

BR

Abdul Karim  

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not that I can think of. A graceful shutdown/restart can be a little faster because the CCM service closes all TCP sessions as it quits, effectively telling the phone to move over. This won’t help you speed up a failover during an unplanned outage though.

Rajan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi Abdul,

I dont think this delay is due to the TFTP server failover but the actual registration to secondary server when the primary is down.

IP Phone usually sends keepalive messages to both the primary and secondary servers at the specified time interval as configured and failover happens if three such keepalives are missed. Please check the below link which explains this in detail:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/collaboration-endpoints/unified-ip-phone-7900-series/200410-Troubleshoot-IP-Phone-Unregistration-A.html

you can play with these timers based on the requirement and keep it at an optimum value. Keeping a very low value could result in unnecessary failover/fallback as the phones will register back and forth,

HTH

Rajan
Pls rate all useful posts by clicking the star below
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: