cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM cluster1----Siemens----CUCM Cluster2 SIP trunk calls issue

Hi Experts,

The problem scenario is below.

Setup:

CUCM Cluster1 (8XXX)—(SIP trunk)—SIEMENS (4XXX)—(SIP trunk)--CUCM Cluster2 (7XXX)

Working call flow:

CUCM Cluster 1(8XXX series) to CUCM cluster 2(7XXX series) calls are going via SIMENS is working fine.

Siemens (4XXX) to CUCM Cluster1 (8XXX) and vise versa is working fine.

Siemens (4XXX) to CUCM Cluster2 (7XXX) and vise versa is working fine.

NOT Working call flow:

CUCM Cluster 2(7XXX series) to CUCM cluster 1(8XXX series) is not working but the calls are hitting to SIMENS and they are confirmed the calls are sending out to CUCM Cluster 2 (8XXX).

There is no firewall in between all the traffic are bypassed through L3 switches.

Please help to solve the issue

11 Replies 11

if your CUCM cluster2 is on version 8.X, you can login into RTMT & check the Session Trace for the inbuond call from Siemens. if it is below 8.x, then we need to collect the ccm traces to confirm whether or not the calls are coming into the cluster.

//Suresh Please rate all the useful posts.

Hi Suresh,

Thanks for your help!

I have collected the packet capture from CUCM Cluster 1 for source address of Siemens.. But when I was doing the capture there is Siemens phones are in call so I am getting the logs of working calls really confused so.

is there any way to check the traffic is initiated/originated from Siemens or CUCM cluster2.

If I see from CUCM cluster 2 the real time data shows the calls are routed to Siemens but it is getting 487--Request terminated. So when we checked with Siemens team they said calls are hitting to Siemens from cluster2 and same is forwarded to Their sip trunk to Cluster1 .

I have attached the sip call flow in the attachment

Is there any similar initiation from the Seimenssystem to Cluster1?

If not, check the request terminated-cause/check the Seimenssystem.

If initiation exist, check disconnectioncause/SIP-flow.

/BR MG

Hi MG,

Yes there is a similar initiation from Siemens system to Cluster1.

when Siemens Phones(4XXX) is calling to cluster1(8XXX) is working fine.

But when the cluster2 to cluster1 VIA Siemens it is not working. Siemens telling the calls are routed out of trunk.

Regards,

Velu S

Hi sir,

Maybe I wasn't clear enough.

When Calling from C2 to C1, can you see a call initiation from from Seimens to C1?

If so, what is the disconnectioncause/SIP-flow here?

Can we get a sip-trace here or a Seimenslog for the disconnected call?

/BR MG

Hi MG,

Thanks for the reply

Yes when calling from C2 to C1 calls are hitting to Siemens and same is forwarding to C1 as per the Siemens logs.

But when I check SIP flow from C2 and it shows 487 request terminated.

You can seen the attachment for your info.

I don't get any info from Siemens team.

Regards,

Velu S

Hi sir,

To futher investigate this problem, we need the SIPflow between Seimens and C1 when making a call form C2 to C1.

/BR MG

Hi GM,

Siemens is not shared the SIP flow. i will share once I receive the details from Siemens

But my concern is when Siemens Phones are making call to C1 it is working.

When C2 call to C1 the call goes to Siemens as per the SIP trunk. so the call is hitting to Siemens and become incoming call for the Siemens and same it has routing to C1 SIP trunk.

Regards,

Velu S

Hi sir,

"Siemens and same it has routing to C1 SIP trunk" so there must be a SIP-trunk between Siemens and C1.

What I ask for is the SIP-traces from the Cluster1 to see the Communication between Siemens and C1, what happends there when u make a call from C2 to C1.

/BR MG

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you checked all the basics for inbound calls???

Inbound CSS?? significant digits?? digit manipulation??? etc.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime,

Thanks for your help.

Yes the Inbound CSS is selected which is having the correct partitions.

Significant digits is ----ALL

not doing any digit manipulations. if the calls are made from 4XXX(Siemens phones) it is hitting to CUCM cluster 1. Only when the calls are originating from CUCM cluster 2 to CUCM cluster 1 via Siemens the call is not working. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: