Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Clusters, Gatekeeper and AAR

Hello All,

I'm working on  project that has to implmente trunks between CUCM cluster around the  Globe. We are thinking about using Gatekeeper to do the zone management  and make dialplan management easier. But the question is we need to  implement some kind of CAC to control bandwidth, in case of the number  of calls between zones are reached, there somekind of AAR so that the GK  can re-route the calls over the PSTN?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

asandborgh
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Rafael,

Since we are talking inter-cluster AAR as such won't do the job.  If it is an MPLS network you will likely want to RSVP for your CAC on the WAN (see the current CU 8.X SRND for more details).  I would use a route list arrangement to select on-net routing first and PSTN routing second - do the appropriate masking at the egress gateway if the number isn't already +1 ready.  You may also need to set the "Stop routing on unallocated number" service parameter to false too.

HTH,

Art

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

asandborgh
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Rafael,

Since we are talking inter-cluster AAR as such won't do the job.  If it is an MPLS network you will likely want to RSVP for your CAC on the WAN (see the current CU 8.X SRND for more details).  I would use a route list arrangement to select on-net routing first and PSTN routing second - do the appropriate masking at the egress gateway if the number isn't already +1 ready.  You may also need to set the "Stop routing on unallocated number" service parameter to false too.

HTH,

Art

Thanks Art.

Let me see if I understood. If a call gets to the gatekeeper and there is no bandwidth available it will reject the call and Callmanager will try to send the call to the second route group under the route list correct?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: