Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM - configuration of the cap for outgoing external calls

ziqex
Level 4
Level 4

Hello everyone,

I wonder if it possible to configure the cap for outgoing calls (outgoing call blocked after reaching specific number of external calls e.g. 100).

CUCM System version: 11.5.1.13901-3

Thank you for any advice or recommendation. 

Regards,

Daniel

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Nothing built-in to do what you want, you would need to develop a solution yourself like a TCL script.

CAC is only real-time, and does not account for minutes.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

HARIS_HUSSAIN
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

1) You can use the max-conn command on dial-peer in voice gateway.

The max-connections CAC mechanism involves using the max-conn dial-peer configuration command on a dial peer of the outgoing gateway to restrict the number of concurrent connections (calls) that can be active on that dial peer at any one time.

2)  Alternatively, You can also use Region and Location settings in CUCM.

More details in below links

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios/solutions_docs/voip_solutions/CAC.html#wp902617

https://community.cisco.com/t5/collaboration-voice-and-video/call-admission-control-cac-implementation-on-cube/ta-p/3111055

*** Please rate helpful post; Mark "Accept as a Solution" if applicable

Thanks,
Haris

Thank you for your reply. 

I am looking for the solution to cap volume of outgoing calls per specific period of time e.g. 30 days rather than capping volume of simultaneous  calls by different endpoints. The total calling time for outgoing calls could be capped. 

Cheers,

Daniel

Nothing built-in to do what you want, you would need to develop a solution yourself like a TCL script.

CAC is only real-time, and does not account for minutes.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Is it possible to develop a TCL script that would block international calls for phones in specific CUCM location after reaching e.g. 200 minutes in one calendar month. Please let me know.
Regards,
Daniel
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: