Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM configuration

Hello,

According to my architecture which is attached I have three sites with one E1 PSTN link.

Is it possible that phones in site A and site B can go outside through the central E1 PSTN link?

Thank you for your precious help,

Regards,

Aristide Akaffou

6 Replies 6

tonyperla
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello Akaffou,

You can certainly do this and one way could be to route your calls via a single gateway and all you should have to do is to have all your route list's reference a single route group that contains the gateway that houses the E1 circuit.  Just be sure that the gateway (If H.323) contains all of the correct dial peers and so forth.

Hope this help

Tony

Please rate helpful posts

Please rate helpful posts
Thanks,
Tony

Thank you Tony,

I will try your recommendation. In the second time, I have one GSM gateway per site.

How can I make this configuration?

Regards,

AKAFFOU

Wilson Samuel
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

Just adding to tony's point:

1. It is certainly possible and doable.

2. The only trouble would be in case of an emergency, if someone dials 911/999/112 then the call even for the Site and Site B would be routed to Local PSAP, and depending on the jurisdiction, you may be legally liable for PSAP not able to dispatch the help for the correct location

3. All sites would have to use the Numbers / DID from the region where you have the E1 PRI.

HTH

Hi,

Great clarification Guys. Adding a 4th point what Wilson mentioned:

Not sure how are your sites geographically spread but some countries restrict the call breakout to be locally in country as per telecommunication regulations (e.g. Egypt, Vietnam, Saudi, Indonesia, etc). You need to take this into account as well. 

Thank you Mohamed,

The country is Guinea and there is no restriction.

Regards,

Aristide

Thank you,

In second time I have one GSM gateway per site.

How can I perform this configuration?

Regards,

AKAFFOU