Helpful
Replies

CUCM Connected with Avaya via Qsig

Hi

We have connected CUCM with Avayia  via  Qsig

Call Flow:

CUCM--H323 VG-QSIG ---AVAYA

Everything working ok but i am wondering if we can do the below scenario

We move some extensions from Avayia to CUCM and we need these extensions for outgoing calls to routed throught Avayia PRI otherwise we will not have the corrrect did ..

If i need to send a prefix to Avayia for these calls then is possible to remove this prefix from the phone screen?

Example:

1223 extension it was to Avayia and now is to CUCM.When 1223 dial 9.224349999 then i have to remove 9 and add 501 in front of the  number,(

501.224349999 ) It was a request from Avayia guy

Now the question is how can i remove the  501 prefix in front of the b number (Now its showing at the phone screen all this number including prefix

As far as i know i could do that if it was h323,But what about qsig , mgcp connection

Please rate all useful posts Regards Chrysostomos ""The Most Successful People Are Those Who Are Good At Plan B""
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

first of all, I assume you are talking about Avaya Getting the names right now will spare you from much trouble.

If you create a Route Pattern like 9.224349999 and set Discard Digits = Predot from the Called number, CUCM will chop 9 and then you can add the 501 prefix either on the Route List level or - better - as a Called Party Transformation. The phone will show 224349999 only.

Another thing: Q-Sig is an ISDN signalling protocol, but you can control the voice gateway using MGCP or H.323 or even SIP, it's just MGCP the easiest to configure.

G.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

first of all, I assume you are talking about Avaya Getting the names right now will spare you from much trouble.

If you create a Route Pattern like 9.224349999 and set Discard Digits = Predot from the Called number, CUCM will chop 9 and then you can add the 501 prefix either on the Route List level or - better - as a Called Party Transformation. The phone will show 224349999 only.

Another thing: Q-Sig is an ISDN signalling protocol, but you can control the voice gateway using MGCP or H.323 or even SIP, it's just MGCP the easiest to configure.

G.