cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM, CUBE & SIP ATA's (PAP2, Sipura, etc) via Internet?

J. S. Black
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

A customer is asking me if there is a way to use low-cost SIP ATA's such as the PAP2 to register on a CUCM via the Internet without a VPN tunnel.  Obviously we can make these boxes work directly with the CUCM on the LAN or via a VPN but the customer would like to deploy this like an ITSP would - SIP registration to a public IP address that would connect it to the CUCM.

To me, this is SBC-like functionality... the customer already has CUBE for SIP Trunking but I'm not sure how to approach this on the SIP client side.  Is there a way to do this using the customer's current infrastructure (CUCM 8.5.1, CUBE on ISR running IOS 15.1.4(M5), multiple static IP's on a fiber connection)?  Security is not really a concern as it is for for temporary deployments only.  If SRTP works then it's a bonus.

Thanks

1 Reply 1

Hi,

Yes it's possible working with port forwarding but not recomended. The best solution should be creating a VPN site to site or at least using SSL VPN.

Regards

Please rate all useful posts 

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: