Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM + CUC - Bulk change of Userids before LDAP integration

emorgan
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

About to integrate CUCM 7.1 and Unity connection 7.1 with LDAP / AD.

The userids in AD and Cisco don't match.  Changing the AD Userids is out of the question for obvious reasons.

So before starting the LDAP process I would like to change all userids in both CUCM and CUC to their existing AD equivalent.  This would insure that all configurations are retained once LDAP process is started (roles, controlled devices, PAB, ...).

I am looking at some bulk method using a csv that would hold both old and new Userids.

I have tested that I can manually change the userids in both CUCM and CUC (since I am still using local directories).

Considering I have about 1500 users, the manual approach would be very time consuming.

For CUC, after updating all userids, I was thinking of using the "LdapCCmUserid" bulk import technique discussed in the forum in order to update all users to sync with LDAP.

Anyone out there ever tackled this problem?

Thanks for your ideas,

Eric

2 Replies 2

jbrunstein
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Same problem, same question but with CCM8.5, CUC8.5, CUP8.5.

I've a lot of user with their thelephonenumber as UserId. I'd like to batch edit this in order to match the saaccountname. Is there a way to do this  ?

Best regards,

François

kumar-brajesh
Level 1
Level 1

Eric,

Does your CUCM user id AD intergrated.If yes then you can use unity connection bulk tool to import all users from cucm (only if primary extension is set on user id) and use then in creating new mailboxes and updating the mailboxes.

Assuming the Primary Extension gets set in Call Manager….

( 1 )

On Unity Connection,

go to "Import Users" and import the users from Call Manager .

( 2 ) Now you need to export a list of the users you just imported from Call Manager to get the user id's in the same case as they were created in AD. The reason they are correct in Call Manager is that it is also sync'd with AD. When you imported from Call Manager, Connection created the mailboxes with the same id as Call Manager pulled from AD.

To get the list, use Connection's BAT tool to Export "Users with Mailboxes".All you need is alias coloum.Take that column & copy it into the first and second columns of a new Excel worksheet and save as CSV.

Alias,LdapCcmUserId (These will be the two headers of excel/csv).

( 3 )Last step is to

use the Connection Bulk Administration Tool to "Update" Users with Mailboxes, using the csv file you just created. That will cause them to be synchronized with AD.

Please try and see if this fix your issue.

Regards,

Brajesh.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: