Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM/CUC change Domain name

Hi guys!

I have some doubts, what is the risk of changing the domain name by CLI? I mean, I have a server that is working properly now, and I am concerned about the certificates, what about the Hardphones and Softphones that are registered now, after the reboot?

CLI says:
admin:set network domain cisco.com
*** W A R N I N G ***
Adding/deleting or changing domain name on this server will break
database replication. Once you have completed domain modification
on all systems that you intend to modify, please reboot all the
servers in the cluster. This will ensure that replication keeps
working correctly. After the servers have rebooted, please
confirm that there are no issues reported on the Cisco Unified
Reporting report for Database Replication.

The server will now be rebooted. Do you wish to continue.

Security Warning : This operation will regenerate
all CUCM Certificates including any third party
signed Certificates that have been uploaded.

Continue (y/n)?

Thanks for advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Muhammad Awais Khan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Carlos,

Risks are there in terms of database replication but can be minimized if followed all the listed procedures like changing the domain in all system, restart of all nodes.

After the restart, the phone will get the new certificate files and will register back to cucm. Softphones may require to sign in again as per my experience, i was using Jabber at that time..

I saw a well documented post by community member at below link:

How to enable DNS for CUCM versions 9 through 11 after installation - Cisco Community

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Muhammad Awais Khan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Carlos,

Risks are there in terms of database replication but can be minimized if followed all the listed procedures like changing the domain in all system, restart of all nodes.

After the restart, the phone will get the new certificate files and will register back to cucm. Softphones may require to sign in again as per my experience, i was using Jabber at that time..

I saw a well documented post by community member at below link:

How to enable DNS for CUCM versions 9 through 11 after installation - Cisco Community

An year  back for a customer we did a domain change, the jabber users has to reset the jabber and login again. Desk phones came up after CUCM restart(which is a part of domain change). Certificates we signed again using our CA.

Have a look on below guide. 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/install/12_0_1/ipchange/cucm_b_changing-ip-address-and-hostname-1201/cucm_b_changing-ip-address-and-hostname-1201_chapter_0100.html

Response Signature

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The server makes sure it has valid certificates, the CN uses the FQDN, it's expected that any change in the hostname and / or domain triggers certificate regeneration.

If they were CA signed, you'll need to get new certificates. 

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: