Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM DATABASE REPLICATION KEEPS BREAKING

opeyemityusuf
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Forum,

I have a CUCM cluster where i have several Subscribers scattered across the WAN, i noticed the replication on the cluster breaks at interval, sometimes during sync, other times during Table repair. See attached document for the progress before the replication fails. What am i suppose to do to fix this problem. If one of the Servers is down, does it affect the replication progress? Kindly help.

Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Yes, if one of the servers is down then replication will be impacted. Either it needs to be brought up or removed from the cluster. You can check the following doc that details database replication troubleshooting

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/200396-Steps-to-Troubleshoot-Database-Replicati.html

Manish

- Do rate helpful posts -

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Yes, if one of the servers is down then replication will be impacted. Either it needs to be brought up or removed from the cluster. You can check the following doc that details database replication troubleshooting

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/200396-Steps-to-Troubleshoot-Database-Replicati.html

Manish

Thanks Manish for the quick response. The management refuse to approve removal from cluster. Not ready for fresh installation of the Subscribers. However, i did a shut down of the 2 Servers not responding. Will this make the replication work and skip this servers.

It is expected behavior to see a Database replication status of 3 when one of the nodes is down, shutting it down will not fix this. If you are not experiencing any production impact right now due to this database replication issue then you may take some time to do a reinstall of faulty servers if they can not be fixed by troubleshooting ( based on what the issue is ) , else i recommend removing those from cluster.

Manish

Thanks, i followed the document you sent and also shut down the 2 servers and reinitiated the process and the Replication is good now on the active servers. I will power up the other servers later.

Thanks for the huge support.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: