Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM DB replication issue

haouaswajih
Level 3
Level 3

Dear Networkers,

I do have a CUCM v 6.1.2 cluster installed. Lately we had a power outage and after the power restablishement, we had db replication issue between publisher and subscriber.

DBreplications satus of PUB=2

DBreplications satus of SUB=4

Tried to reinstall the Subscriber so many times, but still have dbreplication=4 for the subscriber.

Tried dbreplication stop on the sub then dbreplication reset on pub, but still having the same issue !

Can you please advice ?

Even reinstallation of the subscriber didn't solve the issue.

Best Regards.

4 Replies 4

Jay Schulze
Level 1
Level 1

So you actually did a reinstall on the sub? Usually just stopping replication on all the nodes. Then doing a utils dbreplication reset all on the pub will fix this.

And you verified network connectivity between the two? And db replicator is running? Just going through the basics because sometimes those get you.

Here is my go to guide for replication issues with 5 and 6. HTH

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-8194

J

Hi jay,

Thanks alotto for your response.

In fact I had an issue with rhost files. There was a mismatch issue between files on PUB and SUB.

To generate new files, we have to restart the "A Cisco DB" service on the Publusher. Restarting this service is done via the remote account only. So we had to opeb a ticket, TAC restarted the service, once new files created and are identical on both servers, we stopped replication on Sbuscriber, then make a dbreplication reset all from the Publisher

After this issue was resolved.

Thanks

Yikes.

Yeah a dbreplication reset won't fix that Good to hear you got it back online though.

Nishant Savalia
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Please try below procedure if this help you

1). Force data synchronization in PUB

#utils dbreplication forcedatasyncsub all

Wait till the command is executed successfully.

2). Then restart services in SUB

#utils system restart

After some time check the db replication status in RTMT.

Thanks,

Nishant

Regards, Nishant Savalia