Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Demo License

Leonardo Santana
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello,

I running CUCM with demo license is there a time limit to use this demo licenses?

Regards

Leonardo Santana           

Regards
Leonardo Santana

*** Rate All Helpful Responses***
3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

gnanem
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Cisco Unified Communications Manager contains a starter license that you can use to begin new installations of Cisco Unified Communications Manager before you install the production license. Starter licenses, which are available in limited quantities, have no expiration date. Please refer below link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_5_1/ccmfeat/fslicense.html#wp1156540

Regards,

Gnaneswaran.M

View solution in original post

This is no longer true starting with ELM on CUCM 9.0. There are no licenses installed by default and ELM will shutdown the products after a grace period.

A 60 day grace period allows administrators to add users even if insufficient licenses exist within the ELM license pool. If sufficient licenses are not available once the 60 day grace period expires, then the Unified Communications application(s) will no longer allow any further changes; however, the application(s) will continue to function with no loss of service.

Unity Connection will outright halt services when the grace period expires.

Your only path for a permanent lab/demo would be to purchase an NFR kit.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Hi Leondardo

No, at version 8.6 you will be fine. You will have 150 DLUs and 3 node licenses which will not expire. You will not however be able to upgrade your system as the demo licenses are removed if you do.

It's only at version 9.x that these licenses are replaced with a 60 day eval.

HTH. Barry

Barry Hesk

Intrinsic Network Solutions

12 Replies 12

gnanem
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Cisco Unified Communications Manager contains a starter license that you can use to begin new installations of Cisco Unified Communications Manager before you install the production license. Starter licenses, which are available in limited quantities, have no expiration date. Please refer below link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_5_1/ccmfeat/fslicense.html#wp1156540

Regards,

Gnaneswaran.M

This is no longer true starting with ELM on CUCM 9.0. There are no licenses installed by default and ELM will shutdown the products after a grace period.

A 60 day grace period allows administrators to add users even if insufficient licenses exist within the ELM license pool. If sufficient licenses are not available once the 60 day grace period expires, then the Unified Communications application(s) will no longer allow any further changes; however, the application(s) will continue to function with no loss of service.

Unity Connection will outright halt services when the grace period expires.

Your only path for a permanent lab/demo would be to purchase an NFR kit.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Thanks, i using CUCM 8.6

I have insert the DLU, in my case i waiing for the software license. So there is no problem?

Regards

Leonardo Santana

Regards
Leonardo Santana

Hi Leondardo

No, at version 8.6 you will be fine. You will have 150 DLUs and 3 node licenses which will not expire. You will not however be able to upgrade your system as the demo licenses are removed if you do.

It's only at version 9.x that these licenses are replaced with a 60 day eval.

HTH. Barry

Barry Hesk

Intrinsic Network Solutions

Thanks!!

Regards

Leonardo Santana

Regards
Leonardo Santana

Hi guy's,

I am having a CUCM 10.5,is there any chance to get demo license for 100 user's

Kindly advice

Hi Shah,

You have a grace period of 180 days after u install Call Manager 10

During this period, u need to get the permanent licenses.

Other way u visit cisco licenisng site and click on Demo and Evaluation to get below licneses

20 CUWL PRO Unified Communications Manager licenses
- 20 CUWL PRO Unity Connection licenses
- 5 TelePresence Room licenses

you won't be able to get 100 user licenses in Demo .

regds,

aman

hi 

please i have cucm version 10 and my grace period will expire in 1 day , what will i do there is any way to expand this period for more 3 days until i receive my temp license , dose the cucm will shutdown or it will still work without the capability of registration any anther phone , please help me

regards 

heba

Hi Heba,

you can refer the link which says

Licenses in the non-compliant state for Unified Communications Manager are enforced after a 60-day grace period. At the conclusion of the grace period, Unified Communications Manager enforces non-compliance with the following service degradation:

• Devices and Users cannot be provisioned. Changing the configuration of a user that affects licensing (For example: the Enable IM and Presence and the Enable Mobility check boxes) is not allowed.
  • Devices and Users cannot be de-provisioned. Any configuration changes that involve licensing (For example: disabling IM and Presence or Mobility) is allowed.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/9_1_1/ccmfeat/CUCM_BK_C3E0EFA0_00_cucm-features-services-guide-91/CUCM_BK_C3E0EFA0_00_cucm-features-services-guide-91_chapter_0100100.html

regds,

aman

Frank Mittrup
Level 1
Level 1

By the way, with 9.x you need to order CM9.X-K9-LAB, SW CM 9.X Lab Only, 20 CUWL PRO, 5 TP Room after the 60 days eval.

Hi !
I've just installed CUCM 9.1 and I've applied for demo/evaluation licenses from Cisco using ELM (Enterprise License Manager).
Now I have :

20 X CUWL Professional (9.x) Unified CM
5 X TelePresence Room (9.x) Unified CM
20 X CUWL Professional Messaging (9.x) Unity Connection

ELM reports that above licenses are valid for 6 months and not for 60 days. Seems Cisco exended demo usage time to 6 months.
I don't know what happens after expiration or if I have any chance for time extention for my LAB licenses.

Regards,
Konstantinos Pappas
Systems Engineer

Areyouserious
Level 1
Level 1

What do you mean by not being able to upgrade?